Do you believe the first pancake theory when it comes to dating after a long term relationship?

The first pancake theory
The first pancake theory

Have you found it to be true, that when you start dating after coming out of a long term relationship* the first one (single date or first relationship) is often crappy or destined to fail as you’re out of practise?
Or have you had success in finding a life partner the very next go?
Do you believe the first pancake theory when it comes to dating after a long term relationship?

*long term relationship of over 2 years

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I don't believe in the pancake theory. However, as most dates don't develop into a relationship, it does seem logical, that the odds for any one date working out long term are low, and that includes the first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • In reality , if a man messes up even slightly = game over for him. Men are generally more forgiving of little faux pas , women always have more options than men do , this is why. Won't apply to me , I'm the pancake that got seriously burned !!!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Was true for me with dating the guy I'm with now. I had about close to 2 years of a gap with not dating. After my previous relationship, I mainly focused on rediscovering myself and my studies. So I was rather rusty in communicating my emotions as well as what I expected from a relationship once this guy started taking an interest in me. Our first 2 weeks were rocky but we were patient with eachother to make things work.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• All i know is i want pancakes now. thanks!

0|0
    0|0
  • Makes sense! Practice does make perfect! and one can become out of practice too!

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be true. Relationships are suppose to get better over time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares about long term relationships πŸ˜›πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it generally holds true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, but I know what I'm having for breakfast.

0|0
    0|0
  • I assume it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think there is some truth to that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really

0|0
    0|0
  • l love them

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I call those "rebound guys". They are totally unsuitable for anything other than great sex and getting over the LTR. I refuse to be a "rebound girl" and refuse to date someone coming out of an LTR if I really like the guy. If all I'm interested in is casual dating, or (more my style) a buddy- buddy type of thing, then I'll consider it if he's a decent guy who needs someone who's not going to just fuck him over again.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes