Do you believe the first pancake theory when it comes to dating after a long term relationship?

The first pancake theory
The first pancake theory

Have you found it to be true, that when you start dating after coming out of a long term relationship* the first one (single date or first relationship) is often crappy or destined to fail as you’re out of practise?
Or have you had success in finding a life partner the very next go?

*long term relationship of over 2 years

213

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I don't believe in the pancake theory. However, as most dates don't develop into a relationship, it does seem logical, that the odds for any one date working out long term are low, and that includes the first date.

• In reality , if a man messes up even slightly = game over for him. Men are generally more forgiving of little faux pas , women always have more options than men do , this is why. Won't apply to me , I'm the pancake that got seriously burned !!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Was true for me with dating the guy I'm with now. I had about close to 2 years of a gap with not dating. After my previous relationship, I mainly focused on rediscovering myself and my studies. So I was rather rusty in communicating my emotions as well as what I expected from a relationship once this guy started taking an interest in me. Our first 2 weeks were rocky but we were patient with eachother to make things work.