Would you consider a long steady relationship with a smoker?

• Yes, I would.
    Vote A
  • I don't care.
    Vote B
  • No, I wouldn't.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• She'd have to be jaw dropping amazing. I literally don't think I've ever dated a girl hot enough that smoking would not be an instant dealbreaker.

Because what you're basically asking is "Would you be willing to smell like toxic chemicals and your clothes permanently smell like toxic chemicals just to be with me?"

Umm... maybe. If I'm doing it in exchange for www.selectspecs.com/.../...Q-Magazine-1050x843.jpg

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• My boyfriend smokes but usually cuts back a lot when I am around (one when he gets really stressed typically) cause he knows I dont like him smoking. I always make sure if I smell it i say, "you just got done smoking huh?" And when he says "yeah" i just go "I can smell it" and I made sure he is aware I dont care for him smoking but I also told him I wouldn't leave him for it so he doesn't get upset by it

0|0
    0|0
  • weed is fine but not cigarettes. I only would if they were willing to make an effort to quit, and I would be there to help them. But it's so unhealthy and the smell of it makes me sick I could never deal with that long term

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 39

• No, it's complete dealbreaker

1|0
    0|1
  • I would. But I'm a smoker too. Been thinking about quitting. Even if I do quit, I would still date a smoker. I don't understand how it is a deal breaker when smoking is not the person's attitude. So people are saying that there is the perfect person he or she gets along with and would love that person deeply but they smoke. The perfect couple, but one is hesitant because the other smokes. It would be like someone not liking another because he or she likes steak.

0|2
    0|0
  • I can't for 2 primary reasons:
    1. I'm asthmatic and my arms is triggered by cigarette smoke.
    2. Both of my grandfathers were smokers and both died from lung cancer.

Basically, I don't want to die... Prematurely... From second hand smoke.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally don't see the biggest deal in it. Of course it's unhealthy, but it doesn't really change much. I think people are just assuming that all smokers are seen as dangerous people, but I'm not sure. Personality is beyond smoking

0|1
    0|0
  • Im freaking allergic to smoke. It makes my nostrils itch like crazy. Im not even kidding. Add that to my sinus problems...

So no i will never date a smoker, let alone get in a long steady relationship with one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Deal breaker. I will not accept smokers, alcoholics, drug dealers, etc. into my life. Bad influence.

1|0
    0|1
  • i don't care as long as she doesn't smoke right next to me, and also brush her teeth or chew gum after smoking.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't for a couple reasons.
    1. I don't like the smell (breath, clothes, etc.)
    2. You may as well let your future kids smoke because parents DO lead by example whether they realize it or not.

0|0
    0|0
    • They do? My parents smoked, I smoke, my brother and sister do not. So 1 out of 3 kids who's parents smoke will smoke?

• @hindril Parents can't really tell their kids not to do something while doing that exact thing themselves in front of them and expect their kids to listen.
      Same goes for drinking alcohol and other stuff too.
      The kids response will usually be, "Well you do it too so it must be okay."

Some kids are more intelligent and disciplined than their parents though and don't do it, but it does influence/tempt them.

• True. It all depends on their upbringing.

• It stinks and girls who smoke taste really bad when the kiss. Their clothes smell and then they hack. Yeck

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't give a damn if she smokes, I'll love her anyway...
    I do care about her health but that's another subject

0|2
    0|0
  • No. Both parents died of smoking-related illness. Would not want to watch someone wasting away like that again.

0|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't factor in unless she smokes indoors or when I'm in the car. I'm an asthmatic, I don't like to get the second hand shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been in a short relationship with a smoker. It required her not smoking near me, in my place, and she always used mouthwash before coming over.

0|0
    0|0
  • do they have intentions to stop smoking? then i might. if they are determined to continue smoking, then it's a hard pass for me.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yup i wouldn't mind at all and tbh don't get why people would.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I am a smoker too so it would be easier if she did smoke.

0|1
    0|0
  • My first relationship was with a smoker. After that I realized that wasn't going to happen again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t want to pay their cancer bills lol and it’s disgusting

1|0
    0|2
  • I would only date one if she is ready to stop if it works out

0|0
    0|0
  • Deal breaker. Doesn't matter what else she has going for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed, sure I guess. Cigarettes, maybe. Tobacco smells gross.

0|0
    0|1
  • I know woman that smoke daily and I'm not interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't mind. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a smoker too, so why would it bother me?

0|2
    0|0
  • Maybe, depends how much she would smoke.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I am sensitive to smoke, so no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no

0|0
    0|0
  • That's out of the question

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• I have had non smoking relationships and I am in a 4 year relationship with a smoker. No difference really

0|2
    0|0
  • Never ever ever. I have family members who smoke. Can't deal with it.

0|2
    0|1
  • i dont care, but if he smells like shit while talking...

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really change the person if he/she smokes. So i wouldn't care

0|3
    1|0
  • Moderate tobacco user is fine, weed smokers are a dealbreaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me personally, I wouldn't date a smoker.
    Guys who smoke... is totally a turn off
    No matter how hot they are

0|0
    0|0
  • Smoking is a deal breaker for me. I dated a smoker before and I’ll never do it again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really wouldn't. I even told my boyfriend that. and that's why he stopped smoking :3

0|0
    0|0
  • No way!!! Id make them quite before i committed to anything

0|0
    0|1
    • So you would try to change the person?

• Show All
    • @iskg679 great! You sound like you're doing good. As I said, in about 2 months my life will be different and I will quit. I like it but don't. I go for walks and ride my bike. I am healthy except for that.

• @iskg679 what I don't like is people think of smokers as lazy people who just sit around and smoke all day. Not true for most. Those smokers I don't like. They need to get up and do things.

• Only if they plan to put the efforts to quit

0|0
    0|1
  • Hell no

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely Not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not.

0|0
    0|0