Was he too shy to kiss me?

So, my boyfriend and my friends came up to visit me in college. We went out to eat, to the mall, played games, etc. It was really fun. And of course, my boyfriend slept in my bed.

This was the first time we’ve ever slept in the same bed together. We laid down around 11pm, and didn’t go to sleep until 4am!

At first, we were just facing each other. I was curled up slightly. Before I knew it, he took my hand and led it to his and we intertwined our fingers. I felt butterflies in my stomach so much! He would massage my hand in his, bring my hands to his head and cuddle with them, or he’d snuggle his forehead on mine, or have tickle fights, or trace patterns on my arm, and I fell asleep on him with my hand on his chest and my head buried in his arm. I would play with his hair or poke him. We’d often squeeze each other’s hands lightly when we interlocked our fingers.

When I woke up, he laid his head on my chest and cuddled into me. I gently caressed his hair the entire time. We’ve never had a first kiss yet either, and we’re both really shy about it. I was hoping to kiss him that night, but it didn’t happen

He’s not very publicly affectionate, but once we’re alone, he’s a lot more comfortable being intimate and vulnerable. I’m hanging out with him again hopefully this weekend. Do you think he was too shy to kiss me? Do you it’ll happen next time? Should I initiate it?

12