What are some inexpensive (or free) date ideas to relieve stress?

The guy I’m currently seeing (haven’t made it official quite yet), has been kind of off the radar for a few days.

I texted him today, as a result, asking what’s going on. We were supposed to make plans this weekend but he never messaged me about it so I was unsure what was happening. I asked if he was still all in and wanted to continue “us” because I’d rather him just be honest with me if he isn’t all in.

He responded almost immediately apologizing profusely for not communicating with me. He has school, football practice, he’s injured (so he can’t play football for a few weeks), and he has a huge project he has to do. On top of that, he told me he and his family are in the process of moving so he’s been dealing with that, too.

He did say he is all in and wants to make us work, and he hopes I’m not mad at him.

It makes me wonder what I can do to help. So I figured we could plan a date when things cool down a bit in his life and he has the time, and we could go do something fun and/or relaxing to relieve or reduce his stress.

I live in a relatively woodsy area. The nearest lake is about 30 minutes away. There’s not too much to do in the town I’m in other than seeing a movie or grabbing a bite to eat. I’d like to do something that doesn’t really require spending money, though. Minus gas money, of course.

Any ideas or suggestions of what we could do that might help?

Thank you!

03