Did he ever like me? Please read the details and tell me your thoughts?

I just got frozen out by a guy I was with 6 months. I was shocked it lasted so long as we lived in different cities and he had to come on a 3 hour bus journey every weekend. He told me when he graduated he was going to live in London. We got closer and he said he wasn't going anymore because things had changed. He knew I'd been dumped by my guy before him for him to 'try again' with his ex ( he was with her a month! Was a bit smug...) and knew how hard I found out being thrown out for another woman. He even said when I told him this "i don't want to hurt you". Fast forward 2 months from this, he changes his Facebook profile photo. I don't snoop on Facebook, so it was a first time I flicked through his photos. I noticed this little chubby girl liked all his photos and had written on one photo the year before he met me: "my life destiny". I wondered who she was. Clicked on her profile. She lived in London. It was full of crap about long distance love. I put 2 and 2 together. I sent him a text early morning, he was off his guard, saying "is your girlfriend in London coming home?" He replied "no 😊😊". I wrote "so you have got a girlfriend in London then, and not just friends like you told me?" He said she was, but things were different now, She wasn't anymore. We had a conversation on this and it ended with him admitting it pretty much, asking: "why are you getting involved with this? She's not even here! She's 2000 miles away!" I said you get rid of her. I deserve better than this. After a month of being shitty with each other, I said how do you feel about me. He said an attachment exists but I believe yours is stronger and you expect more than I can offer and I'm wondering where we are going and I'm scared we will end up hurt. I unfriend etc but he writes 3 weeks on & tells me I'm very nice & amazing and he knows he did wrong things with me & he's sorry it got so shitty. I still dont get why he lied & dragged me into his shit. Did he actually ever like me?

11