Is it wrong to want a day off from talking to a guy you’re seeing?

We’ve been texting every day, pretty consistently since August 5. I’m a really introverted person so that’s a lot of interaction with anyone for me.

We’ve only been on two dates and I’m hitting my typical “I’m an independent woman, what am I doing?” stage (aka I am really afraid of commitment)

I’ve had a rough couple of days mental health wise, and kind of talked to him about it. I kind of felt like he didn’t really get it. Today I took a day off and didn’t respond to his text messages.

I just needed a me day, without any interruptions. Is that wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not wrong at all. A simple one line explanation that you are not going to talk one day, but should be back the day after would almost certainly be appreciated though. As others have suggested, it may help to discuss messaging schedules. In terms of talking about things, people are more responsive typically in person, as quite often not everything comes across in text, so that might help.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Independence has nothing to do with commitment. You can be an independent woman and still be in a commited relationship.

If you're an introvert it's normal to want to be given some space, also you should definitely ask for some and explain the reason to It, because doing so will help him know you better.. So if he's the more clingy type he will know he needs to look for a more clingy girl.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Not at all, and he must understand it when you explain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. Just about everyone needs a "me" day.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Lol. No. That's simply how you are. When you respond to him next, just tell him how you feel and what you want: that you don't want to be overloaded with messages and that you'd prefer to talk every other day, every 2 days (whichever is best for you).

If you have a guy who wants to talk to you every day, try and compromise, He can send a good morning/night message or something cute, but that's all.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes