Still no second date?

Ever since this guy and I met online, we've been texting/talking on the phone every single day. He showed huge interest in me. Then we had our first date a week ago and it was awesome. And we had sex. Nothing really changed after that, he continued calling me every day and giving me attention. He does drop small hints about seeing each other again, but nothing concrete. I don't want to flat out ask him because I was the one who kinda initiated the first date, and well, I slept with him on that same date. He knows I'm looking for a relationship, he said he feels the same. Because of my horrible experience with men, I'd have no second thought about him not being interested in me since he's still not asking for a second date. But then again, why the constant messaging and phone calls? I almost never initiate it, it's all him. What's up with him?

P. S. We are a little apart by distance, but nothing major, only 45 miles. We talked about that in the beginning and he said that for him that's still a big distance and that he's not sure if he could do a relationship like that. But then he added that it's probably worth it with the right person.

01