Boyfriend has bad breath. What to do?

I've only known this guy for 2 months online, and we met in person a month ago. basically we've already had the exclusivity talk. I like him, he likes me, but he has bad breath, not the i can't kiss you type, but the "you can't talk on my face type" and he loves to talk on my face, since the relationship is pretty new, I don't want to say anything about his breath... I wanted to be subtle about it, like I think he brushes his teeth for a very short time he should go for longer... how can i say that in a non embarrassing way?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Two ways:
    1) Direct: self explanatory.. you can give him a listen mate your breath stinks... do you brush your teeth?
    2) Indirect:
    a) act that you have bad breath: the other guy will wonder why you spoke about the topic and will become self conscious on the reason about why you are speaking about your breath all of a sudden. This technique
    b) if that does not work, offer them a gum stick the next time :)
    c) recruit your friend to tell them that while you go to the bathroom
    d) leave an anonymous note on his car. "Hi your breath stinks"

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest. My boyfriend now had the same issue, so straight away I just simply asked and said I didn't want him to feel shit, but just said he might want to brush his teeth a little more. We started our relationship as we meant to go on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If it is not about brushing or hunger, maybe he has some sickness on his stomache. This is a huge turn off for me. You shouldn't hide this from him, he would had already complain to you if it was reverse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him! I would really want someone to tell me than not so that I don't go round like that anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Teach him how to brush his teeth. Tell him about his foul smell. You can share a youtube tutorial. If you are afraid to say then You can tell him like you recently visited a Dentist and he said that 70 percent people dont brush their teeth like they should be doing. They just dont know how to brush teeth.

You can play truth or dare confession game to tell him this way to avoid embarresment.

Tell him to apply toothpast and keep it for at least 40 seconds before he start using brush. Foul smell is more due to food stick on tongue. Ask him to use tongue cleaner and brush the teeth sides properly also by upward and downwards motion of brush.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to eat you out so his breath will smell better.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him to brush his teeth and give him mints.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes