Boyfriend has bad breath. What to do?

I've only known this guy for 2 months online, and we met in person a month ago. basically we've already had the exclusivity talk. I like him, he likes me, but he has bad breath, not the i can't kiss you type, but the "you can't talk on my face type" and he loves to talk on my face, since the relationship is pretty new, I don't want to say anything about his breath... I wanted to be subtle about it, like I think he brushes his teeth for a very short time he should go for longer... how can i say that in a non embarrassing way?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Two ways:
    1) Direct: self explanatory.. you can give him a listen mate your breath stinks... do you brush your teeth?
    2) Indirect:
    a) act that you have bad breath: the other guy will wonder why you spoke about the topic and will become self conscious on the reason about why you are speaking about your breath all of a sudden. This technique
    b) if that does not work, offer them a gum stick the next time :)
    c) recruit your friend to tell them that while you go to the bathroom
    d) leave an anonymous note on his car. "Hi your breath stinks"

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be honest. My boyfriend now had the same issue, so straight away I just simply asked and said I didn't want him to feel shit, but just said he might want to brush his teeth a little more. We started our relationship as we meant to go on.