How do I decide if I really want to date my close guy friend?

I have a close guy friend I've known for 5 years. I've liked him off and on throughout our friendship. Whenever he's had a girlfriend, I've gotten really jealous. Recently, I feel like he's trying to date me. He's flirting a lot and wanting to hang out more. I've been wanting to spend more time with him too and really think we'd have a great relationship if we dated, but I'm confused.
I'm confused because I have another guy friend who I don't see as often and have known for a shorter amount of time, but I have also liked him off and on and have gotten jealous whenever he's dated someone.
So, I can't figure out if this is just the way I am (just a jealous person) with my close guy friends or if I actually like the guy I've known for 5 years and really want to be more than friends. How do I figure it out? I don't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• If you get jealous that your guy-buddy has girlfriends, then you need to take a look in the mirror, stop playing games, and admit that you want him for yourself. Just do it - why ask a bunch of strangers? XD

0|0
    0|0
  • date him if you like; however, be willing for your present relationship - as you know it - to end.
    despite what you may see on tv shows, it will never be the same once sex rears its ugly head.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes