Is a girls weight an issue for some men?

I’ve always been self conscious about myself and about being heavier then a guy I’m dating. I do sports so I have muscle and I’m pretty thick but I just think guys would want to be with a girl that’s heavier... what do you think?

216

Most Helpful Guys

• Some guys prefer overweight women (chubby chasers) but most men prefer a healthy weight. That said I don't think most guys mind a girl who is around their weight as long as she is still healthy. Personally i am underweight due to genetics so I don't have much choice but to date women around my weight or heavier (6'1" 130lbs). To be fair with the height difference that women commonly force in relationships it does also mean the woman should weigh less, at least in theory. Since she is smaller it becomes more apparent if she weighs more, a 6' person looks slimmer at 160 than a 5'4" person. Of course muscles mixed with a curvy body could bend that rule, muscles weighs more than fat so really it tends to apply more to the way you look rather than directly to how much you weigh. If you look healthy than most guys probably won't mind your weight, but if you look very chubby/obese then there are definitely men who will not want to date you.

• There are a lot of men that have a thing for heavy women. Just look at the porn sites. It is a fetish.

But it isn't a rule. Every type of woman has men that like their type.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Some guys can never be pleased.