My boyfriend asked another girl if she was dating, but tells me it was just curiousity. Please help?

Some time ago, my boyfriend asked another girl through the Sarahah app if she was dating anyone. (Sarahah is an app that allows you to ask anonymous questions to others). We were discussing something, and it came up, and I asked him if he has ever used the app. He said once, and he asked some girl if she was dating. Obviously concerned, I asked him who it was. He refused to tell me and very slightly smiled and said something along the lines of "I don't want you to misunderstand" and that he was just curious. He knows I freak out and overthink, so it might be a reason why he won't tell me. I kept nagging him about it after because I am a very jealous and insecure person (please don't tell me to work on my insecurity, I am trying really hard to but my severe anxiety always gets in the way). When we were leaving, he got really annoyed and refused to talk to me because I kept asking and did not want me to talk about it ever again.
In general, he was at the time, super sweet to me, caring, and we did not fight often. I am very sure and confident that he really loves me and only has eyes for me- I trust him, he's quiet and isn't the type to talk to girls often. I just don't understand why he needed to ask that to her. I am also worried- why would he even need to be curious on another girls relationship status, to the point of sending her an anonymous question? Why would he wake up one day and think "who is ___ dating?" What concerns me even more is that he refused to tell me who he asked, and its bugging me too much. Fast forward a few months, I am starting to get anxious about it again, and I really want to ask him about it again even though when I said I wouldn't. I have told him that I had something on my mind that I really wanted to know, but he wouldn't tell me before, and after I said that, he wanted to know what it was. Even though he's open to knowing what I said I wouldn't bring up again, Im terrified it will ruin things. What do you think?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• If he was comfortable enough sharing that he said it in the first place I don't see why he would have anything to hide, if he was hiding something he most likely would have lied and said that he hadn't used the app or not told you the entire truth in the first place. If you trust him then it shouldn't be an issue, he was probably annoyed at the fact that you wouldn't drop the subject and nothing more. If it really does concern you talk about it with him. I'm sure that if he truly does care about your feelings towards it he would have no problem clarifying. Try not to stress about the little things especially when it's months afterwords. Relationships are all about communication! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a normal question. You should be more concerned if he asked this to her not anonymously but in a private message. That puts him in a situation where he is openly curious about her relationship status, and he doesn't hide it, whereas on that app, the girl will never ever know the asker. So its not like your boyfriend asked because he wanted to date her or anything.

U should really put this behind and focus on the good moments you both share together.