Are you into interracial dating?

—you don’t need to read this you’ll probably think its a waste of time.. but for those who will i dont know where I’m going with this so i apologize—

So I’m a filipina who moved here in the usa about 10 months ago. Im 18, and only dated guys my race. I was able to spend my last school year of hs here in the usa, and there was like 1 other filipino out of the whole entire school. There were guys who showed interest during my sr year of highschool (outside my race), but i never entertained a single one cos i was in a long distance relationship with a guy back in the philippines (i know, we are just kids. We should’ve seen it before that it wouldn’t work out). We broke up around the end of school year. My point is that i never dated anybody outside my race.

And since i doubt I’ll meet anybody here around my age that is a filipino too, i started to wonder if guys outside my race would ever be interested in dating a filipina that is serious in going deep in the relationship, not just playing games and all that (im done w that). Maybe, possibly, i thought so... but then i looked up sites and read stuff.
PEOPLE doesn't REALLY HAVE MUCH NICE THINGS TO SAY ABOUT US. And i think i can't blame them.. All i read was young filipinas dating or even married to a way older *white* men. They say for money and better life and all that. Thats probably what all think about when it comes to us, filipinas.
I’m sure as hell I’m looking for someone to grow with, work hard with, be with someone and process our lives together.

I just think now maybe all of the guys I’ll meet who’ll figure I’m a filipina would just run away.. or like, wouldn’t be interested at all. People here had always assumed I’m latina for the way i look (thats what they tell me), and i get feelings thats not so good when i have to tell them im really a filipina. I was so proud of where im from and who i am, but ever since i knew how filipinas are viewed here, it’s slowly changing and i hate it.

Updates:
ps if you think im overthinking this i need that slap in the face and just tell me im overthinking this🙃

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I am not "into" interracial dating; the interracial aspect does not hold any allure for me. However, I have dated a Filipino lady about 10 years ago and enjoyed the time that I spent with her. I have also dated women from Brazil and thought they were very nice women.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your over thinking this, most men don't care and will date any girl who they think is attractive and willing to date them. I don't think you have anything to worry about (I know a lot of filipino girls and they are all dating outside of their race (I would imagine that it would be your parents that would have the issue rather then guys in the US (who are rather used to mixed races and cultures).

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• You are overthinking this. Filipinas do not have a negative reputation in the US (in fact, I have only heard US guys say good things about them).

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't see anything wrong with interracial dating; I've done it myself and there wasn't anything really different or "exotic" about it. People are people. In your case, I haven't heard anything bad about Filipinas. I worked with one who was happily married to a white guy, and she was nice. She talked and complained pretty much nonstop, but then we had a pretty crappy job. xD

0|0
    0|0
  • I date any woman I find attractive. I don't care about her income or age. If she just loves me for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm into interracial dating, and I would have no trouble dating a Filipina. But of course, it just depends on the guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u are over thinking and need a slap interracial dating is and has been a thing for a while not stop worrying

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, into IR dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i like interracial dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. Im selective i'd say.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes