Is it possible we can be more than friends?

I met this guy online a few months ago in a video game. We were friends at first (and still are) until he confessed his attraction to me and it became a long distance friends with benefits relationship but we haven't declared anything. Before meeting each other for the first time (which was amazing btw) we would have all nighters watching movies, playing videogames, and have long conversations.
This past weekend he flew in just to see me and we spent 2 nights and 2 days in a hotel together. Time went by so fast. I showed him around downtown, we joked around a lot, we kissed a lot, cuddled, and of course had sex. Best weekend I had in a long while and best date I've ever had.
When we were at the air port I was crying... And I cried a lot. So much I was surprised my eyemakeup stayed on like a champ. I was very embarrassed because we aren't dating but I didn't want to tell him that. He comforted me for the whole time until he had to leave to board his plane. I wish he didn't live 5 hours away from me.
I know the most obvious answer is to talk about our relationship but I am terrified. I don't want to ruin what we have. Is this normal for a friends with benefits relationship? Are we just friends? Is it possible that we can be more?

02