Lyrics revealing way boyfriend feels about relationship?

My boyfriend and I were friends for years and started dating right after he broke up with his previous girlfriend, a hard breakup which was due to her having to move overseas.

He loves music and finding new songs and stuff.

im worried because in all of his playlists he created since we started dating there is a big majority of songs with lyrics about missin an ex, having to get over an ex with a new person who is not as good, long distance, breakups because of long distance, breakups in general, not being able to be with a person because of distance etc...

if it were just a couple songs I’d be ok, but they are a lot. Should I worry?

i once asked him whether he selected songs because of the melody or also because of the lyrics (i asked in general without bringing this specific issue up) and he told me half half...

10