Does personality only matter if you have the height/looks to back it up, or are short/ugly people just assumed to be bad people?

Girls claim to not be shallow, they're supposedly the gender that care about personality more than looks, but it seems that personality only matters if the guy check off all the boxes on her preference list. Either that or it just so happens everyone she doesn't find attractive is just a bad person.
I guess it's better to risk being hurt by a good looking person than an ugly one?

21