I'm dating my godmother's son. Is this a sin?

I've been dating him for 2 months and no one ever found out about it. I've never really thought about it because we're not blood-related. He's a disabled person and no one really thought about someone dating him. So, we just used that as a cover and never told anyone. We are really afraid of our parent's reactions. We decided to finally reveal our relationship to our families, but until then, I want to know your opinions - Is dating your godmother's/godfather's son/daughter a sin?

110

Most Helpful Guys

• No. A godmothers or godfathers relationships with you has not affect on your relationship. They should be understanding even happy that both you and her son are finding companionship or love.

• Almost never, unless there is also consanguinity (for instance, your "godmother" is also your parent's sister).

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're not family so it's okay