I'm dating my godmother's son. Is this a sin?

I've been dating him for 2 months and no one ever found out about it. I've never really thought about it because we're not blood-related. He's a disabled person and no one really thought about someone dating him. So, we just used that as a cover and never told anyone. We are really afraid of our parent's reactions. We decided to finally reveal our relationship to our families, but until then, I want to know your opinions - Is dating your godmother's/godfather's son/daughter a sin?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No. A godmothers or godfathers relationships with you has not affect on your relationship. They should be understanding even happy that both you and her son are finding companionship or love.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost never, unless there is also consanguinity (for instance, your "godmother" is also your parent's sister).

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're not family so it's okay

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• No, it's OK.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be? You are not blood, you are not a "family" per say, like a step sibling situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your not really family so in my opinion it's not a sin!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sins are not real

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah if it's not blood-related i'd be fine with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • no just attention seeking

0|0
    0|0
  • Up to you

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not.

Me and my sister though...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes