Who has it easier when it comes to dating, men or women?

Men use love to find sex and women use sex to find love
  • Men
  • Women
  • See Results
    Vote C
Who wants mho?

42103

Most Helpful Guy

• Women of course

What Girls Said 42

• Slightly harder for men, because women are in general more fussy.
    But women have a hard time to but usually for different reasons.

• i think women make it hard on themselves

• Actually it's insanley easier for women but the 80/20 rule is why it there is the illusion that it's harder for women.

• @ronaldo75 it’s pretty equal. Guys have it slighter harder but different issue

• honestly, i feel that if you're a pretty girl with a decent personality, it's cake for you, whereas society has dictated that the guy has to bend over backwards romantically to please only a potential girlfriend

• Not true for me. The guys right for me overlook me and use the "fear of rejection" excuse.

• I guess subjectively speaking, but that was just my general theory over the subjecr of men and women in the dating scene

• 70% of the time a woman has it easier. She just has to be pleasant or attractive enough to be approached. Men have to do the work in the beginning. Forming relationships though is equally hard.

• You can't form a relationship if you never get a chance. I rather have chances than not.

• Girls have it easier at the start, because boys are at that age where they bang anything that moves, but that's not really what we want haha
    but later on when we get older boys have it a lot easier than us.

• wrong... they just eventually realize that they aren't wanted anymore.

• It's finding dates then. I thought this question is about dating like already couples but not married. That's why I asked like 6 replies earlier. Looking for one sure it's harder for girls at later age but dating it's not.

• When I was your age, I didn't want to bang everything that moved. I never really related to that. Women will never appreciate a man whose sex-drive is anything less than "savage", because that is what they expect. Maybe not their preference, but it is their expectation. Since I am looking for romance and love, I will live my entire life alone and die alone, no matter what I do otherwise, unless I start lying and pretend I'm just trying to get laid and don't give a shit about anything else too.

• I agree with your assessment, but it is a little more complex than that. Women do want sex and men do want love. Also, some men are primarily looking for sex and some women are primarily looking for love. To further complicate things, sex and love are closely intertwined for both sexes. Romantic love without sex gets kinda boring without sex after a while, and raw animal attraction without an emotional component is really only fun in small doses.

Bottom line? Both sexes have it equally hard.

• Some men are primarily looking for love and some women are primarily looking for sex.

• @TheUglyMan I hate to make an ad hominem attack, but u did choose your own screen name...

• lol I am ugly it's no attack or insult if you own it

• Women have it easier. Most of the time we just have to be pretty and easy going and guys ask us out plan the activities and propose when they want to. It’s not common for women to put as much effort and planning into dating

• If we're just talking about how easy it is to get laid, yes women seem to have it easier, but in terms of forming quality relationships, I don't think anyone has it easy, and I am not sure it SHOULD be easy.

• women are allowed to be horrible to guys to show we have high standards but guys can't say anything horrible to us or we will grab the misogyny card

• I always thought it was the guys who had it easier... until I got a GAG account. Yeah Ik like nothing about dating😂😂

• I think women. That said, I think everyone who sleeps with someone to find love is making a foolhardy mistake.

• Women with healthy self esteem and self respect

It’s easy for women to get guys but if she doesn’t react herself she will be more likely to accept a bad relationship or he toyed with bc guys are willing to lie pretend they like her just to get sex

• In terms of getting dates by the numbers, ladies. I won't even pretend that's not true. Take a step online, any woman thinks she has it rough, I'm sure a guy has it three times as bad (in regards to moths in the inbox)

I think women have it worse because we're more likely to be solicited by people who are rude, don't want to take no for an answer, badger us etc.

• Women for sure, most of the time I don't do anything and get asked out.

• Can't imagine why, but my guess is that that fishnet has something to do with it. It looks wierdly 3 dimensional.

• No one really has it easy. But I'd women have a slight edge. Only slightly because we got vaginas but in reality not everyone will like you if you have a shitty personality or have shitty opinions. It's easier for attractive people also.

• It's dependant on the person's circumstances and self esteem usually the boisterous out there younger girls find dating easier but also reject perfect men on the basis they don't fit their ideal but on the reverse older men do the same thing on the basis they want the younger non dependant female.

• None of this shit is easy for anyone. Take a scroll down this thread and all you see is finger pointing. But fact is, no one has it any easier than the other. Because for it to work out right, it takes two.

• Because the guy has to risk it all and ask and might get rejected the girl doesn't

• That’s conpletely false, women confess feelings as well of course most of the time it may be a man asking for a relationship but women definitely seem to confess feeling more often

• @nathanp97 I literally said that men do it more but women still do it aswell

• Only if they chase after a "challenge".

• It's harder for men to actually get someone, but I believe it may be harder for women to find a GOOD someone, if that makes sense.

• its just as hard for men to find a good someone we just dont get to be as picky because we have less options altogether

• I suppose we good men could always wear a sign... like "I'm a great guy with great qualities" and on the other side "I just got put in the friend zone" haha

• Stop with the friend zone stuff please.

• I think its tougher for men but mainly because men do most of the asking for dates. Neither gender likes rejection.

• Men have it somewhat harder. I agree with you about men and sex. Women want love first. Most women do.

• dating = women. bf/gf or marriage = men. guys come and go, women r more loyal.

• Hahaha!
      Since nearly half of all heterosexual marriages end in divorce, and nearly 80% of those divorces are filed by women first, I'm calling BS.
      You have any empirical evidence to support such an absurd claim?

• @traegirl actually in different era.

• @Whaela based on friends, girls are the ones who generally leave for higher status guys. It makes sense, but i don't see how you conclude that men as a whole aren't loyal. The "players" aren't common, they cheat and probably cheat a lot, but many guys don't. I guess it's because you don't get a reward for not cheating or not leaving a partner when something better comes along so it's easy to see a guy cheat that being more memorable.

• This statement... made my brain cells kill themselves. Painfully.

• At your age women have it easier. At my age men have it easier in my opinion, generally speaking

• @TheUglyMan no I think some cases they're pretty much on the money but to label a single woman past thirty as being flawed simply because of her age without knowing the woman or why she's single is wrong too. Granted many are bitter, angry and jaded but not all. And thank you for the nice message in the first sentence 😊

• No problem good luck

• Lol I wish dating was as easy as the guys in the comment say it is

• it is. just stop being a tight ass

• @TheUglyMan That's true sometimes.
      Sometimes a chick meets several guys in a row that don't meet the basic standards. I've experienced this lately. This is how it has gone.
      Met a very handsome, seemingly nice guy on a cross country flight (12 years older) that bought me drinks (I took like 2 sips). We exchanged info... Takes me out to dinner & asks several sexual questions & begged me to give him my underwear. Got crazy mad when I declined. No thanks, not too picky.
      Later, professor starts sending me msgs that eventually get sexual. He's like 50.
      Oh I love that class now. No thanks, not too picky.
      Total nice guy, pot head, pukes in my dorm room, also grabbed my ass like 10 times & exposed himself on different night, even though we're "close friends"... not too picky there.
      Another guy @ school invites me to a party, when I text maybe (for school reasons) he calls me names & kinda goes crazy. No thanks dude.
      That's what I mean.

• @traegirl I'm glad we agree

• women i guess but guys runaway from commitment more

• Not necessarily true

• Not fully true. I've been cheated on a lot and got fed up with finding out about it. Women have commitment issues too.

• Men..

• Well men don't have to become someome they're not in order to attract who they are.

• We actually have to become someone we're not as well. I've never been able to attract women myself, although I know if I'm in a bad mood and not wanting to talk or listen to anyone, women are attracted to that. Also, that's what the men who attract the most women tell me about themselves in more flattering words, e. g. "You have to be who she wants you to be."

• fuck men have to become a completly different person just to attract any women

• Yeah, and you know all about women don't you.

• i wanted to argue with your statement but i couldn't

who knew this day would come?

• Remember, arguing only leads to frustration and resentment, where as debate leads to compromise and solutions that both sides can accept without revenge or the sudden birth of an emotional monsoon.

• I apologize for the late delay Miss COCOCHANEL , an argument is usually one way on both sides. All talk, no listen and both parties cannot be budged on the issue. Usually just yelling of opinion on both sides at same time., while trying to shout over the other. A Debate is usually controlled and sometimes moderated. The issue is put before both parties to answer as factually, accurately and calmly (respectfully) as possible to put forth evidence and facts in order to sway the other party into either a change of opinion or a compromise in order to find the best solution to the issue. It is the very best way for 2 opposing parties to find common ground and move on. These days, far left liberals/socialists will not even try to debate issues in America. SMH

• By the way, that is only my opinion of what I think the difference is and not the Wikipedia definition. I am sure theirs is much shorter and easier to understand. haha

• Neither. We are all assholes!

• You and I.

• Show more from Girls
    12

What Guys Said 102

• Women- they are outnumbered by men until at least age 40.

• My mom is 48 and always gets hit on when we are out. It is super awkward.

• Yeah I guess men and women at that age loose selfconfidence. They are 25-55 dunno.

• I'll take the MHO

• Men are testosterone-driven and hence WANTS to date for the eventuality: sex.

Women are more emotionally driven and hence won't just date any guy who approaches them.

In the entire dating process (from first "hello" to sex), woman chooses to rejects man more often in the beginning.

This means, if the "initial introduction" is bad, she says no; or the first date is not "up to standard", she says no; or if the the next two or three dates he says something to rash or to demanding, she says no.

But if the man can pass the "inertial phase", where the girl thinks that he is "good enough" or "he's so loving" or "I'm sure this is love", then the ball is in the man's court.

This means, some kind of emotional attachment has been form in her. She is not likely to be the one to break up unless of course there is something major happening.

The guy now maneuvers her for the eventual objective: sex.

Some guys wait until marriage. Ah yes, the "good guys".

Other guys wait for a relationship but before marriage; or eventually work out a friends with benefits kind of relationship.

Yet others simply want to fuck and then go. They appears very romantic, very patient, very loving, ... [everything very pretentious] ... until she believes him and open her legs; or until he's tired of trying and leave. The "Players".

So my opinion is: In the entire dating cycle, initially, girls can have dates much easier than guys. But after she accepted him, he has most of the control.

• They both are attached or they would not be dating

If the guy just wanted sex he won’t be dating

You are married aren’t you?

Presumably You are not there just for sex?

• And no many women are very much happy to have casual sex
      If guys only wanted sex they do not have to date

And she dies not have to stay with a guy who dies not really want to date

Attachment doesn’t mean you can’t leave and not everyone gets attached by dating

Too many heavy assumptions in your statement

I agree guys can pretend to want more than sex so this Can be deciebjng but it’s not an obstacle once dating bc she will be able to see he is not genuine

• @VIVANT I'm still married to the same woman I lose my virginity to.

I agree that modern women are more liberal and some do prefer and choose casual sex over commitment in marriage.

What I stated was more of a general gender inclination.

Even in this thread, some women opinionated that they prefer sex with guys they know.

But many guys can do ONS and fuck without feelings.

This is our gender make-up.

• Women easily. A woman can walk into a bar and yell I am available and she will have 10 men talking to her. Do that as a man and you will be laughed at.

• Correct, however, women have different motives than men. They don’t want just sex, it has to be sex with the “right” guy. You see? Whereas a man will gladly have sex with whoever

• And it’s easy to separate the guys who only want sex vs the guys who want a relationship. They just don’t know how to do it

• Yes, true. I lived in a shared house with a couple of women many years ago. As a joke one of them said I could go out this door and be back with a man within two hours. We said, go ahead, lets see. Sure enough a little over an hour later she walks in the door with a guy she picked up and she was a very average looking woman too. I hate them and don't use them myself but women on dating sites can received 50 or more messages a day where as the average guy receives none.

• You're kidding right?

Men have to break the ice and ask for the date. Men have to decide where to go on the date. Men have to pay for it. Men have to restrain their sexual urges on the date so she thinks he's a gentleman.

What do women do? They get dressed, show up and give the guy a thumbs up or thumbs down and never see him again after all he went through.

No brainer.

• Men have harder for obvious reasons. They gotta initiate the first move, they gotta ask the girl out, they gotta tell her what she wants to hear, they're expected to pay for dates, they gotta kiss her ass, they gotta do most of the work when tapping that ass lol. They gotta text first, they gotta show that they care about her feelings, they gotta deal with the biatch once a month foe a week, they gotta deal with the constant nonsense mind games and testing women do... which is why some guys get fed up put you back in your place after giving the D. Cos your challenges is no longer worth the effort. The good guys unfortunately have it hard cos they try to do right but your non ever fulfilled self..
    Women generally have it easier because they feel that they are a privlage to men and they use and abuse that thought to the fullest. But little they know, some guys out are nonsense bullet proof.
    In my opinion is all just waste of time b. s.
    Money over bitches (not good women who are very very rare)

• Women have more options, but most of those options suck. Men are trying to wow women who have other suitors.
    Consequently, I've noticed more women saying "men are piggish trash," and more men saying that "women are flighty and ungrateful."

I don't know that it's harder for either of us. I just think we're playing different games.

We're all shitty, though.

• I voted that women have it easier and generally they do. There is an old saying; "Women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of relationships." The saying is incredibly true!

Women have a much easier time using dating to find sex than a man does. If a woman wants to have sex she can find someone in less than a day. Now this does not take into account the 80/20 rule where most women are only attracted to the top 20% of men. The only women that have a difficult time finding sex are the ones trying to date above their sexual market value. Unfortunately for most men looking for a sexual relationship that is most women.

Most men have a much harder time finding sex via dating than women do. Again we go back to the 80/20 rule. The men in the 80% have huge issues finding female dating partners for sex.

When we get to relationships everything switches around most especially as women start to age. At that point men are pretty much in control of the entire dating scene. Thus you have all the posts about, 'Where have all the good men gone!'

So in reality your question has an expiration date. When young, women have an incredibly easy time dating. When not so young anymore the tables turn so that men have a much easier time dating.

• It's much easier for women. All the have to do is say yes or no. ;)
    The burden of performance for couples is ALWAYS on the man. After all, if there's a problem it is ALWAYS his fault, NEVER the fault of any woman. They remain blameless for ANYTHING that happens in their own life. Just ask them! Everything that happens to them is due to an uncontrollable external force of some sort. Again, just ask them!

• Women get invited more often and don't bear the cast. Men get rejected all the time and that hurts. Girls are much more difficult to get to know because they often get emotional about unimportant things.

• Women have it way more easier because women can attract many guys simply with their looks. A man actually has to put in a effort by showing power, confidence, wealth, a sense of humor and trustworthiness. It doesn’t matter how “good looking” the man is, his looks alone will not attract women. That’s the cold hard truth.

• More or less so depending on the man's individual ability to convey those sort of traits, I guess.

• Saying guys only want sex is kind of a dick thing to say, not all guys are asses like that. From what I've expirienced, girls won't even give a good guy a chance and even when trying to be nice a girl may misconstrue that to be creepy just because, i will agree with you, kindness from a guy is reletively hard to find these days but i promise you it does exist.

• Women of course! Didn't you all see the recent tinder scam? She had literally hundreds of men drooling over her, made them compete with each other for her and humiliated them, found the best out of them all and still said there was no chemistry. All this done by an ugly 6. Men get nothing compared to women.

• Thats why you TAKE it. The Diesel system has been run by numerous girls... none so far have been able to beat it. it equalizes everything.

• I think, guys have it harder, setting things up, especially if they're inexperienced, there's no guide when it comes to women, there's vague similarities you can use to try and be charming and hold the relationship, but every girl is different, and rejection at any stage can be crushing

• Depends on the man or woman, and I don't know as far as gay or lesbian relationships go. There are some men who just have women throwing themselves at them literally every day. They have it the easiest. Then there are most women, who just have to deny a bunch of losers until they find one of those men at the top. Then there are the rest of the men and a few women who are just undateable.

• Women, unquestionably. They are the demand, men are not. They are the hot commodity on the market, high demand. No where near the same as it is for men.

• When it comes down to it women get who they want men get what they can, women are often the centre of a relationship meaning the guy needs to impress her, he needs to take her out, and ngl in 2018 some girls are very intitled, often using the fact guys are the ones chasing, so they can be led on

• I hit men on accident... it is clearly women at least as far as I can see... I remember one time at comic or on the comic con movie it referenced the number of guys compared to the girls and noted that a girl was special to that group of guys.

• I will take some Mho, I certainly hope that some other gaggers get some too...

• The question is "who has it easier when it comes to 'dating' " ... not relationships. How many times would a man turn down a woman who asks HIM on a date? She'd have to be beastly or have a terrible personality. But women turn guys down ALL the time, for any number of reasons, so it's MUCH harder for a guy to "date". A woman who can't get a "date" at will just doesn't know what she's doing !!

• Of course women have it easier all they have to do is show up and be entertained the man's got to do all the work plan the night and keep her entertained and pay for everything

• Women have a hard time finding a man that takes them seriously.

Men have a hard time finding a woman that they take seriously.

It can also be the reverse in any given situation.

Love is weird.

• If you have ever been deployed to a warzone, those twos become 10s and can choose from any man 98% of the time. Ladies have the ability to crush a man, just by saying no.

• Wow, truth hurts a hater. Inside the bathrooms at Al Asad air base. There is graffiti that says: "Congratulations ladies, hope you enjoyed it, but now you're all ugly again."

• It's glaringly obvious , women by a huge margin. Men generally desire women overall far more than women desire men, There are considerably more available males than females worldwide. Also more & more women are following the " I don't need no man " female popular culture and staying single by choice.

• Dating for a guy is kind of a catch 22. It basically comes down to confidence, those that don't have it get rejected so in turn that knocks their confidence. The confident guys have it easy which strokes their ego and as such become more confident.

But it depends. I think finding a good relationship is as hard for both. But dating is another matter.

• Women duh. They hold the keys to sex, to relationships etc. Men must approach and not get denied, they must not be ugly and insecure. Men must be financially stable. Only difficult thing for women is in the rare occasion she is attract and men are intimidated to approach her otherwise men have it most difficult 99.9% of time

• I don't think it's actually easy for guy or girl, but women have a bit of an edge, in general. That's because men will fall for sex every time, and women are generally intuitive enough not to fall for every guys love lines.

• women have it easier for sex guys have it easier to find love.

Women always have a line of friendzoned guys ready to jump at the chance with her guys have to go and get the girls and get rejected and probably humiliated. But women get more partners but typically run into many guys who are dicks who only want them for sex and get cheated on a lot. Guys get cheated on too but its a lot easier to find a good girl than a good guy.

• Oh please women have it easier and they absolutely can't deny this.

Men have to ask them out. All dating apps is basically a buffet for women.

Women don't have to do anything they just choose who they want.

Men have to come up with ways to meet a girl. That's why things like pick up artists exists.

Have you ever met a female pick up artist? Cause I certainly have never heard of such a thing.

• From my experience, men are always the initiators, and they're expected to be as such... while women are expected to be a little more passive.

As such, a shy girl has a much bigger chance when it comes to dating than a shy guy does.

• Sorry girls.
    But you'll get laid by basically any guy in a five mile radius if you're even remotely attractive enough.
    Us men are not so lucky.

• Obviously women. Men are expected to do all the work and be the pursuer. It is pretty easy for an even remotely attractive woman to find a man to date.

• Show more from Guys
    72