Men of G@G, how tall are you?

I notice men on here think women are being shallow when it comes to height and dating. Some think that it’s unreasonable for women to like guys at a certain height (which it isn’t for the most part) so that tells me that YOU may not just not like your height and you are then trying to make women feel guilty for your insecurity. But it might also be that you are in fact tall but are worrying about it for no reason.

So... how tall are you really? Has it impacted your dating life?
  • 6ft or tall
    Vote A
  • 5’9-5’11
    Vote B
  • 5’7-5’8
    Vote C
  • 5’4-5’6
    Vote D
  • 5’1-5’3
    Vote E
  • Below 5ft tall
    Vote F
  • I’m a girl
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
206 guys have confirmed they are not short so why in the world does it make you mad that some women prefer tall men? lol

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's definitely shallow, but everyone is shallow to some degree. I'm glad you understand everyone has preferences, like for me, I'd personally never date a girl taller than 5'2" or weighed more than 140lbs. I just like girls at certain heights and weights, if you are upset by it then that tells me that you're probably just an 8 foot tall troll of a woman.

0|2
    1|0
    • While we're at it, no girls with brown eyes, they look like shit. I'll only date women with green or blue eyes, why would it be unreasonable when it's just a preference?

• Show All
    • I literally don't know another woman who cares about body shape on a guy or his ass or his hair lol. Body shape and body weight aren't the same thing. Also, penis size is actually a creation from men. There have been studies done to prove that women don't really care about penis size. The average penis is like 5 or 6 inches anyway when erect so we can't be too picky or we'd never have sex lol

• Oh please, post a poll of different male body shapes and prove me different, most women do have a preference for body shape, whether skinny, chubby, larger, fit, muscular, etc. I hear women talk about men's asses all the time "he has a cute butt" and don't even try to tell me women don't judge hair. You might not, but I'm generalizing, just like you did. Actually their have been studies showing women do care about penis size (granted not nearly as much as some people make it out to seem), studies have shown most women prefer about 5-8 inches. Regardless it is still something men are judged on. I don't see how you can claim women wouldn't judge any of these traits at all.

• 5' 9".

Apparently, only 70% of the females are girls!

1|2
    0|0
    • I am neither tall nor short, but quite average. I have had a woman online refuse to even meet me because she is 1" taller than me. It is not a matter of not being attracted - over which she would have no control - but a matter of "I think it would look funny if I was wearing heels and I was three inches taller than you." That is a conscious decision and it is rather silly.

• I'm so glad I'm 5'2... a guy that's 5'9 would be perfect for me.

All the guys I dated were between 6'0-6'3 and honestly, while I liked it, it was hard to give them a hug or a kiss because they towered over me lol

• Just saying, you see how you would date a men that are about a foot taller than you and they had no problem with it. So why is that women seem to have a problem with men that are shorter than them but expect men not to have a problem with women whom are shorter than them. Kind of a double standard don't you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I still don't understand why height is important for women and what difference does it make. I'm 5'1" and I've seen men who are shorter than me and still good looking/dateable.

1|5
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 95

• I'm 5'11. Girlfriends have ranged from 5'2 to 5'10, with almost all 5'6-5'8. My height doesn't seem to have had an impact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol next question "How many of you are being honest?"

2|3
    0|0
  • I'm 6'4"

My height has made my dating life a little easier, honestly. I have no idea how well I'd have done, as a shorter man, but the women I do date typically tell me that they do like my height.

I think it's perfectly fine for women to prefer a certain height. That's just how attraction works.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6ft1 and I've never really noticed my height being an advantage to dating etc. I mean I can reach high things which is useful but if you're really short you can look up and see up my nose. I figure we're all the same height lying down so what's the problem eh😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5' 11". The shortest girl I ever dated was 4' 11", and the tallest girl. I ever dated was 6' 5".

Do some girls care about height? Absolutely. Do I wish I were 3-4 inches taller? Of course. But as long as you have a good personality, confidence, and the ability to lead, I'd say 90-95% of women don't care how tall you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im 6ft 1 ish. I think men have the issue with height only when there is a double standard i. e. its acceptable for women to be picky about height but its completely unacceptable for a man to be picky with weight. At least that's been my experience.

0|3
    1|0
  • Avg height for guys is 5 10, so your going to see a lot over 6. At 6 4 I'm less than 5% of guys. I do notice women like it. They are more attracted to me than even slightly more handsome shorter guys. But everyone has 1 trait or another they were born with like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not tall, not short
    But I am starting to think that's might be the reason I never had a girlfriend
    But, I am not to think about it too much, I am happy as I am.
    And women don't break a deal just for height, as it is not everything.
    It is just doesn't seem logical for a short woman 5.2" ish to ask for a man above 6 ft 😂😂
    But I understand it now

1|0
    0|0
  • Us insecure? We get the message that we are required to be accepting of all women for everything and made to be shallow, and yet we are judged for having preferences just like you?

0|4
    1|0
  • "you may not like your height and you are trying to make women feel guilty"
    Alright, let's play the shallow game.
    Women of G@G, what's your weight?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 6 foot. Being tall is a perk. But then again I have my own soft limit of 5'4, bad back.

Sure some guys have "Short man syndrome" which has caused problems for me in the past. But you see the same with women and "fat shamming" in dating. The difference being you can't diet and exercise your way to being taller.

1|0
    0|0
  • My only gripe on this topic is how men aren't supposed to have physical preferences according to many women. I don't judge women for selecting based on height, but then again I don't want to catch hell for having physical preferences too.

0|2
    1|0
  • My dating life hasn't been affected in the slightest despite being told that hight is important to women. It's pretty irritating when everyone assumes I must have no issue getting girls cause I'm tall when I actually struggle pretty badly. Height is overrated if you ask me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'11 and I've never had someone that I dated complain about my height before. It sucks to be tall and skinny so I would never want to be any taller. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Going with that logic - I don't like fat girls. Maybe they get offended by that because they don't like being fat.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 5'6" and let me tell you while it definitely renders me unattractive to a lot of girls, it takes a lot less liquor to get me too fucked up to think about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Im 5'8, quite short i admit. I dont like to date taller girls cuz i do find it at least a bit emasculating. But i dont blame the girls, but i still dont really like me height.

0|0
    0|0
    • How tall do you like your girls

• Show All
    • i didn't say "best looking". And id consider someone i know who looks decent because i am able to see their qualities that i may or may not like compared to some random girl who i dont know shit about. Thats what raises the chances of a friend being the one im interested in even if she is slightly taller than me.

• And even if she has a great personality, being the shorter one as a guy may knock on self confidence, lead to disagreements and i dont want those to happen. Most girls here are shorter than me anyway so thats not an issu

• I am 6ft and have had only one girlfriend in my life so far but I’m shy so... also the guy who said men are not supposed to have preference on women stfu that’s said cause generally we don’t as long as they are not fat

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm like 5ft2 or 3.

I've never dated, but I'm not really that worried or insecure about my height.

0|0
    0|1
  • I am about 5'11" and don't believe my height has made an impact on whether I was dateable. I've spoken with a fair number of women about height and it doesn't make too much of a difference unless you're below 5'5".

If I were rejected on the basis of height it would not be an issue. There are lots of preferences men and women have and those are okay because at the end of the day, if you're looking for a long term and committed relationship you have to be happy with your selection. It is all about genetics, a conscious or subconscious choice - natural selection in action.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hasn't affected me with most women. Yes, there are some women who would like it if I was taller but that's their problem not mine.

3|0
    0|0
  • 5'6". I don't think any girls have outright rejected me for my height but I'd bet it made me a bit less attractive in the long run.

1|1
    0|0
  • 5'6 and it makes me sad that a girls heels are more important. I don't care if a girl wears heels and is taller, but apparently her thinking i will is what matters not what i actually think.

0|1
    0|0
  • 6'2

Sometime's it's intimidating. Sometimes it's not.

1|0
    0|0
    • how is it intimidating? to you or someone else?

• @JustAsking_1991 I don't think I've consciously factored in my height when considering dating successes or failures. I've generally been slightly taller than my peer group when growing up. My dad and brothers are as tall or taller than me. So height was not something i was fixated on.

When I want to be left alone, I think I give off a vibe, that along with my physique can be an intimidating factor. So that works in my favor.

• I consider myself a good catch. But excluded for being 5’6”. It’s not an issue really, figure it just filters the ones that I wouldn’t be a good match for

0|0
    0|0
  • 6'1. I don't have a dating life so I'm not sure whether that has been a major factor.

Either way, for some reason most of the people I've seen lately in uni (including women) are taller than me

0|0
    0|0
  • 5ft6 I've dated girls taller and shorter than me. Personally it doesn't bother me but I have had some girls turn me down due to my height.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'9" and every woman I've been with with have always been shorter than me. Just once I would like to see what it's like with a woman taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow zero guys under 5 feet yet 75% of women voted were under 5 feet. Though I love shorty gals they are easy to pick em up and put em on my shoulders lol am 6"3

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine that girls have a height preference I'm only 5'6" so I get it... but then we are judged as a horrible guy if we have a weight preference for girls. Everyone can have their preferences

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• honestly tho it ain't fair for men that they can't be choosy over a woman's weight without people claiming them to be 'objectifying women' & 'body-shaming' whereas its ok for women to be picky over a man's height, which is nearly impossible to change (and weight is wayy easier to alter?)

1|16
    1|0
    • Thank you. Someone said it

• Show All
    • @Allie_Oops of course they can their preferences but they can't say it out loud without being ridiculed at. women can speak about whatever preferences they like, and if men say the same things they said to men, they'd probably go on and on about how men have it better than women, and then men will attack other men saying they're pussies.

it's irritating af that people can be so hypocritical (i'm not talking about u btw) & can never seem to balance anything. it's true that women in the past suffered MUCH more than men, but now it seems that society thinks 'equality' means bashing men and uplifting women which is just so wrong.

• Both men and women need to be unashamed of their preferences and fuck what anyone else thinks.

• Wow im surprised 39% are taller than 6ft. I was convinced y'all were a bunch of shorties

2|0
    0|0
    • I am about average height for my country with my 188cm (6.16)

• Show All
    • @sodaslut The netherlands

• I find it interesting that a majority of male voters are tall yet the main complaint from guys is that women are ridiculous for wanting a tall male lol

• I like really tall guys - but my husband is only 5ft 8. I’m 5ft 5, but I like them as tall as they come - 6ft 1 or more is ideal! 😁

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really care about height to be honest

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes