Can you date your ex boyfriends friend?

First off, we originally met online and I had stated I was looking for just friends. We had met up once, the second time I met one of his friends and the third time I met a few of his other friends, but one of his friends caught my eye. He was exactly my type. Anyway, we've only hung out three times in the spand of a few months but we speak at least a few times a week, sometimes everyday sometimes not at all. I haven't given him any reason to think I'm interested in anything more. We haven't held hands, kissed or anything at all, the only ''touching'' we've done was hugging hello and goodbye, but other than that, that is it. So clearly there are no feelings there on my end, but I know there are feelings there on his end.. I don't want to cut things off with him because then he would only be the connection I would have to his friend. He doesn't have any social media except for Instagram which I don't have. Anyway, would it be wrong to ask the ''ex'' for his friends number or at least tell him that I am interested or if we are all together, can I ask his friend directly for his number then have a chat with the ''ex''? How should and shouldn't I go about this situation? Thanks in advance.

612

Most Helpful Guys

• You can date whom ever you want to date but I wouldn't suggest being a user of the guy who likes you just so you can get in touch with his friend, this is deceitful. Do whatever you need to do to get the guys number you want, go ask him for it or ask one of his close friends-- don't beat around the bush go straight to the houses mouth. What ever that old adage means, lol.

• In no way am I being a user of the guy who has feelings for me, but the friend and I don't run in similar circles so if I were to want to see the friend again, it would have to be through the ''ex''. Lol I'm trying not to beat around the bush, but it's a weird situation to be in.

• That is up to you, but coming from a me as a male I say no. Especially if they are really good friends. I mean it would be no different if your ex dated one of your friends. Not sure how that would make you feel, maybe you’re ok w it but I have to say no especially if the person was a fucked up partner as far as how a/he treated their partner.

• They are good friends, that's why I am unsure about stepping on any toes. BUT the ''ex'' and I have only known each other for about three months, we hung out a total of three times and have never been physical; he just has feeling for me, but I don't.

• Wait how is he your ex if he had feeling and you never did you said yes and did not like him? Cause if that’s the case girl you need to learn how to say no

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask the guy for his number yourself? Lol that’s kinda mean to get your ex to ask him his friend for his number. How old are you again? I’m sure you’re capable of asking him when you see him, for his number.

• Lol I would get his number when I see him again, but it would have to be while my ''ex'' is around because the friend and I don't run in similar circles. Either way, it would end up ok or badly because I would be getting the friends number behind his back or I can be direct and let the ''ex'' know I am interested in his friend. I'm in my 20's,