Boyfriend wears confederate flag sweatshirt?

Alright, so my boyfriend wears the confederate flag sweatshirt. He is a small town guy and is very country. I don't know why but I was told it stands for racism. He also listens to rap music, lol. So like what do I do? he's an amazing boyfriend and is always nice to people.

26

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't know why but I was told it stands for racism." Why don't you ask him what that flag means to him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should ask your boyfriend what it means to him and go with that.

Really this flag is about the Civil War in the south. Some people see it as racism because it was about slavery. But look at the times we live in. Everyone gets butt-hurt over the stupidest little thing and will make it into something racial for the sake of arguing with people. I’m black, I never really saw it as anything to do with race so I’m not really offended by it. So it’s best to ask your boyfriend what it means to him and you decide how you feel after he answers.

• Thats what I thought too! My nephew said something about him wearing it, and I thought it was cool my boyfriend was standing up for his right. People need to stop being triggered. Thanks for your opinion. It really helped me :)

• You’re welcome.

But let’s be real here. You can’t please everybody and someone will always have something to say about you. If he wants to wear the shirt then tell him to wear the damn shirt. Maybe the people up north are jealous that they don’t have a “war flag.” Hahaha who knows.

• I have no idea haha, he said at one time he wanted to join the KKK. But I don't know man. He didn'tjoin. He is super old fashioned. But yeah if he wants to wear the shirt he can.