Dear white men, ask yourselves, why do you limit your dating pool by excluding women of color as an option?

This only pertains to the white men who exclude women of color as an option. I'm a little tired of being immediately nixed because of the color of my skin.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• not all of us do; however, drawing attention to race from the get-go indicates you are contentious about it.
    call it as you like; however, in my experience (and yes, i have dated black girls), the greatest amount of push-back and negativity has come from the black community.

1|2
    0|0
  • Why do you assume it is because of the color of your skin? I highly doubt a white guy told you that was the reason

I am a white guy, that exclusively dates white girls, but this widens to everyone when it comes to hooking up.

0|0
    0|0
    • I dont assume anything, and yes some white men have no qualms about saying that race is the reason. Im not saying I want those men, but it begs the question... do they ever ask themselves why they limit their dating pool. It works against them if anything. doesn't seem very smart.

• Show All
    • It sounds like you're culturally altered to thinking that white women are the only women worthy of long term relationships... I think the definition of racism is misunderstood. It's more than just intent... it also sounds like you're okay fetishizing women of color since they're fine for some sexual fun, but not worthy of committing to.. like whores versus wives. So I'm sorry, but its racism thats been embedded in you. You can change that, but I assume you have no interest in that. Women of color are used to seeing this, and experiencing this, doesn't make it okay. I think its fucked up honestly, but it is what it is.

• Worthy? Lol wut. I like Pepsi over Cola are you gonna say that I am too good for Cola? I simply just want to date who I personally want to date, that’s it. No one is worth more, worth less etc. I think it’s fucked up that your forcing me to date every one tbh. Also why are you acting like you don’t have preferences in dating as well? You are probably only choosing only the most attractive white men, as there are plenty of white guys who will commit to anything that has a pulse. Also what the hell does “you can change that” supposed to mean? Do I have to start dating every girl of every colour? Because if I leave any one of them out, I’m immediately racist. Also I don’t fetishize women of colour, I will literally hook up with almost anyone (as will most guys, let’s be honest).

Girls who have sexual fun, are not “whores”. In fact, they are simply (Spoiler alert) girls who like to have sexual fun...

People are allowed to date whomever they please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because some of them are not attracted to women of color. That is their preference.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Some people like tan skin, some people like pale skin, some people like light skin, some people like dark skin. It's just a preference

1|0
    0|0
  • this is such a stupid fucking question...
    preferences you might prefer something over something else and so does everyone else.
    maybe you should stop searching where you're currently searching.

1|0
    0|0
  • The sad reality is women of color are less attractive personally and physically.

I'd date a hot, feminine, submissive black girl in a heartbeat. However, not many black girls are like that.

0|0
    1|0
  • Because there are no black women where I live. Honestly, the hottest girl I ever saw I real life was black. I was flabbergasted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Said the woman who want to get a white man, and not a man from other ethnic. :)

2|0
    0|0
  • I am totally open to black women in particular but across the board they are overweight 80% of the time, maybe more.

0|1
    1|0
  • For me it isn’t the color at all. It’s the cultural differences in America between whites and blacks

1|0
    1|0
  • Because I’m only attracted to white women. Plenty of white women out there so I’m not limiting my dating pool or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black women often don't want to date white men because white men may have raped their ancestors.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I just don't find women of color attractive. That's a personal preference of mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound irritated and passive aggressive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well one tends to get irritated when you're told repeatedly that there is no interest because you're too dark, or brown, etc.

• Your not entitled to anyone you want, and they are not obligated to date for whatever reason they seem fit (including your race). Im sure there are plenty of white guys that are willing to date you, which you would never consider because they're not tall / weak jawline / small muscles or whatever requirements (requirements that are completely ok) you have.

• People of all races tend to go with what they know and are comfortable with, and their families and social groups will tolerate.
      That may or may not be a partner from the same culture or race.
      For you, I wonder if your colour is a distraction from other issues, whatever they may be.

• racist!

1|0
    0|0
  • Wait, we do?

0|0
    0|0
  • I am open to dating black women

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't and never have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no preference and have dated women of color before.

I'm heteroflexible but only sexually interested in other white guys. I have no idea why, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont have to justify the continuation of my race.

1|1
    2|1
  • I don't. I fuck them often.

0|0
    0|0
  • racists

excluding an entire race, based on skin color, is the textbook definition, of racism. THEYRE RACISTS

1|0
    0|1
    • There not excluding them... there just choosing to date someone else. You can only date one person... excluding would be “I only talk to other white people, and I ignore anyone else”

• if you exclude an entire race based on the color of their skin, ITS RACISM

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes