Dear white men, ask yourselves, why do you limit your dating pool by excluding women of color as an option?

This only pertains to the white men who exclude women of color as an option. I'm a little tired of being immediately nixed because of the color of my skin.

121

Most Helpful Guys

• not all of us do; however, drawing attention to race from the get-go indicates you are contentious about it.
    call it as you like; however, in my experience (and yes, i have dated black girls), the greatest amount of push-back and negativity has come from the black community.

• Why do you assume it is because of the color of your skin? I highly doubt a white guy told you that was the reason

I am a white guy, that exclusively dates white girls, but this widens to everyone when it comes to hooking up.

• I dont assume anything, and yes some white men have no qualms about saying that race is the reason. Im not saying I want those men, but it begs the question... do they ever ask themselves why they limit their dating pool. It works against them if anything. doesn't seem very smart.

• It sounds like you're culturally altered to thinking that white women are the only women worthy of long term relationships... I think the definition of racism is misunderstood. It's more than just intent... it also sounds like you're okay fetishizing women of color since they're fine for some sexual fun, but not worthy of committing to.. like whores versus wives. So I'm sorry, but its racism thats been embedded in you. You can change that, but I assume you have no interest in that. Women of color are used to seeing this, and experiencing this, doesn't make it okay. I think its fucked up honestly, but it is what it is.

• Worthy? Lol wut. I like Pepsi over Cola are you gonna say that I am too good for Cola? I simply just want to date who I personally want to date, that’s it. No one is worth more, worth less etc. I think it’s fucked up that your forcing me to date every one tbh. Also why are you acting like you don’t have preferences in dating as well? You are probably only choosing only the most attractive white men, as there are plenty of white guys who will commit to anything that has a pulse. Also what the hell does “you can change that” supposed to mean? Do I have to start dating every girl of every colour? Because if I leave any one of them out, I’m immediately racist. Also I don’t fetishize women of colour, I will literally hook up with almost anyone (as will most guys, let’s be honest).

Girls who have sexual fun, are not “whores”. In fact, they are simply (Spoiler alert) girls who like to have sexual fun...

People are allowed to date whomever they please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because some of them are not attracted to women of color. That is their preference.