Should a guy state his height in his online dating profile if he is short?

I’m just not sure because I know height is very important for women but at the same time I feel like if I am short then maybe it’s best to just not say anything and see if I can win them over with my personality first maybe?
Updates:
I would let her know my height before we ever meet up though in a conversation
Who wants mho?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. If you omit it: you might either waste your time with some women who have no desire to date anyone under a certain height no matter what their other qualities are, BUT you may also meet women who's minds you change with your other qualities who might not have been interested in you had they just read, 'he's 5'5' or whatever. In addition, some women actually don't care about things like height, so listing/not listing would have had no bearing on them.

2. If you include your height: you know that it is probably not something the women who respond to your profile actually care about, either that, or they are shorter than you. Either way, you don't have to deal with judgement and shocked looks because of the omission because they already know. Height is not something you can fake and so starting off this way, can help you screen out people whom you probably don't want anyway because they don't want you for such a reason. Saves you time and potentially money. Who wants to go on a date, and then afterwards have them tell you, it's not going to work out because you're short.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for this in depth response. I actually really do appreciate it and I have thought about every point on here that you mentioned. One important point you mentioned here was that I might change their minds if they see my other qualities first as opposed to simply dismissing me right away based off my height.

I have enough difficulties meeting a woman as of right now when I don’t include my height, so if I add my height, I may ensure that I will never meet anyone ever essentially.

• Curious, has omitting your height worked out for you? Has anyone ever just told you no upon seeing you, or they at least give you a chance?

• It has not worked. I don’t really get any matches on dating apps anyway

Most Helpful Guys

• You can't "win her over" that way. That shit only happens in the movies. In real life you'll be ghosted, blocked and reported for misrepresenting yourself. Women are every bit as concerned with looks as men in real life. No woman in the history of mankind has ever looked at the most unattractive man in the room and thought, "OH, he looks intetesting," ever. He could be simulation playing a piano & a guitar expertly, while standing on his head, blindfolded and singing like an angel. Unless his pringles can cock and $300k fell out of his pants during the performance he wouldn't get more than a, "Neato," from every woman in attendance. That's a fact that most women don't want you to understand. Put your height in your profile and avoid the extra rejection.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope because it's not relevant. I hear guys saying girls only want a really tall guy but I've only been asked my height a couple of times at most. You know why? Because I focus on being funny so she loves my personality and wants to meet me; forgetting about my physical aspects. Some girls will say they only want you if you're over a certain height, but they soon forget about that if you make them laugh.

Stating your height essentially communicates to her you think your height is an issue and you're unsure if she will like you; showing a lack of confidence that no girl wants.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• No... dont put your height. Your profile should on consist of dho you want and what are your good qualities you have as a character. The other physical appearance, should be up to the person to choose wether they choose you for who you are in appearance. My own opinion and experiences. Good luck

0|1
    2|0
    • So being short is not a good quality? Ok

• Show All
    • It just sounded like it wasn't.

• @6942Dom it is good in all shape and sizes. Everyone is different.

• isn't that apart of the dating profile? I think you should include it. the apps match you based on preference

3|0
    0|1
    • This is the reason I stop dating online, most women are shallow. imagine if you had to put your weight on it?

• Show All
    • Just stop trying to date. you're too insecure and immature.

• See you don't have an argument and you have to resort to childish fallacies. I think I know the reason why. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance in the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (psychological stress) experienced by a person who simultaneously holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values.

• No. His penis size should be stated

2|5
    1|0
    • Come on swaggirl I would’ve actually liked your opinion on this one

• Show All
    • What is the right format here? Size by miles, volume, weight?

• My dick next to a ruler was my profile pic for a while. Worked better than my face.

• He should. To what I know most people ask height, weight, etc... before anything else on dating app so better just stat it first.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dunno, it may come across as kinda insecure, if you're viewing it as your defining feature.

0|0
    0|0
  • does that mean we should state how pretty we are? between 1 - 10?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i think its important

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn what’s ur height im sure it can’t be that bad

0|0
    0|0
    • Seriously the way he's acting it must be bad

• Show All
    • @op exactly 😂😂

• @cutiebytheshore123 pathetic little tween

What Guys Said 17

• You dont need to state it in your profile, but i think a girl should definetely know how tall you are before you meet her.
    I always tell girls im 5'11" before the date is set. It would be awkward as fuck if i met up with her, and she is like 2 inches taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, tinder is trash , but I did it on POF. I get matched but I can’t view them because I need to pay. lol I’m like 5’3”. So I’m sure you’re not as bad

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl wants to know your height she's shallow. You dont see guys asking about a girls weight on a dating site do you?

Ladies you need to stop worrying about if a guy is short or not. Its genetics we can't change our height.

0|1
    1|0
  • Be upfront with it so you don't waste your time on shallow people. Don't worry about how much she likes you because your goal is to find someone who does, not make someone do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make two accounts. Include your height on one, exclude it on the other. See what results each of them bring.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes you should state the height in the profile, you can leave it blank but if they ask you about your height you should be honest

0|0
    0|0
  • Our ''height'' is one fact about us. There is nothing wrong in showing ourselves the way we are. Some will not like it, and others will.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. if a man states his height and it's not 6'0 he will get significantly less matches

1|2
    1|0
  • If you put your height you won't get any dates haha if they ask about it be honest but I wouldn't bring it up

1|1
    0|0
  • Lol no, don't state your height in your profile bio. It means you're insecure.

0|2
    1|0
  • Don't know why height is a big factor for some women all of a sudden. I say display your height and be truthful. She'll know eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if a girl is shallow enough to count you out for that then it's a win for the guy in the long run anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I mean it sucks, but you gotta be honest if you're ever actually planning to meet a girl in person. It's no different than the fact that girls SHOULD always (they don't always do it, but they should) post a no-bullshit, no-filters, full-body picture in their profile so you actually know how much they weigh for real and aren't getting tricked by a fat girl who just posts face close-ups. Honesty matters. That way if someone agrees to meet you it means that they clearly are cool with you no matter what, you know?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yawww

0|0
    0|0
  • Only as much as women should state their weight

0|0
    1|0
  • its up to the guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, and women should put their weight