Should a guy state his height in his online dating profile if he is short?

I’m just not sure because I know height is very important for women but at the same time I feel like if I am short then maybe it’s best to just not say anything and see if I can win them over with my personality first maybe?
I would let her know my height before we ever meet up though in a conversation
Who wants mho?

919

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. If you omit it: you might either waste your time with some women who have no desire to date anyone under a certain height no matter what their other qualities are, BUT you may also meet women who's minds you change with your other qualities who might not have been interested in you had they just read, 'he's 5'5' or whatever. In addition, some women actually don't care about things like height, so listing/not listing would have had no bearing on them.

2. If you include your height: you know that it is probably not something the women who respond to your profile actually care about, either that, or they are shorter than you. Either way, you don't have to deal with judgement and shocked looks because of the omission because they already know. Height is not something you can fake and so starting off this way, can help you screen out people whom you probably don't want anyway because they don't want you for such a reason. Saves you time and potentially money. Who wants to go on a date, and then afterwards have them tell you, it's not going to work out because you're short.

• Thank you for this in depth response. I actually really do appreciate it and I have thought about every point on here that you mentioned. One important point you mentioned here was that I might change their minds if they see my other qualities first as opposed to simply dismissing me right away based off my height.

I have enough difficulties meeting a woman as of right now when I don’t include my height, so if I add my height, I may ensure that I will never meet anyone ever essentially.

• Curious, has omitting your height worked out for you? Has anyone ever just told you no upon seeing you, or they at least give you a chance?

• It has not worked. I don’t really get any matches on dating apps anyway

Most Helpful Guys

• You can't "win her over" that way. That shit only happens in the movies. In real life you'll be ghosted, blocked and reported for misrepresenting yourself. Women are every bit as concerned with looks as men in real life. No woman in the history of mankind has ever looked at the most unattractive man in the room and thought, "OH, he looks intetesting," ever. He could be simulation playing a piano & a guitar expertly, while standing on his head, blindfolded and singing like an angel. Unless his pringles can cock and $300k fell out of his pants during the performance he wouldn't get more than a, "Neato," from every woman in attendance. That's a fact that most women don't want you to understand. Put your height in your profile and avoid the extra rejection.

• Nope because it's not relevant. I hear guys saying girls only want a really tall guy but I've only been asked my height a couple of times at most. You know why? Because I focus on being funny so she loves my personality and wants to meet me; forgetting about my physical aspects. Some girls will say they only want you if you're over a certain height, but they soon forget about that if you make them laugh.

Stating your height essentially communicates to her you think your height is an issue and you're unsure if she will like you; showing a lack of confidence that no girl wants.