What has dating in high school taught you?

I liked a guy in highschool but we came from different backgrounds. I felt like he had too much insecurity to be genuine and ended up becoming a really fake annoying person. Till this day I have low tolerance for being around people like him.

His friends would tell him I was lame for being a virgin and not smoking/drinking and stuff like them.

They also made fun of me and my background.

His model friends from his private school hooked him up with other models.

I soon realized the world was just a hard, dark and unfair place.

I did not let it get me down though. He'd tell me he could have several women hotter than me and began bullying me so my mom made me cut off contact with him.

I want to be a doctor and I don't plan on dating every again. I'm a sensitive person so I like to protect my space.

Till this day I refuse to befriend rich, white suburban kids.

I only hang out with minority women who want to be doctors, lawyers, judges etc.

I don't befriend white females who are yourubers, model's, etc. Nor do I take them seriously.

I will never date again and I will always put my career and self before relationships and children.

I don't even want to reproduce in this shitty world.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Just dont. Your parents will tear the relationship apart. Or rather, force you to shatter her heart yourself. Corner you by saying "you do it or we will do it for you". Or at least thats qhat happened in January last year. I was forced to make her cry for the first time in our relationship.

But seriously you either just finished High school or are finishing it soon. Such a recent boy isn't representative of all men. His "friends" were just dicks and whores, and if i were you i wouldn't have invested more time in them knowing how they were like before things got shitty. I mean there's nothing wrong with being virgin, and not drinking or smoking is really a good thing, in my opinion.

I've been made fun of ever since i started school because i have a weird family name. I've been called stuff thats equivalent to reptiles. My self-confidence was whittled down day by day. But I survived. Now that im in a differemt school its much better. People aren't assholes here. I get that since whatever happened to you was really recent, it still affects your view of dating and of society, but trust me it will get better over time. Till then gice yoyrself the time and space to recuperate and work on other passions in your life. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow. Sounds like a really bad relationship. And person. That said, it was high school. As people get older, they become more mature and (usually) less of an asshole. I'm not saying try to get back with this guy, just that you shouldn't give up on dating in general. Eventually you'll find someone who just clicks. I know it sounds cliche, but it's accurate. Personally, I had a good experience with high school dating. On the other hand, I have a friend who didn't. She was in multiple abusive relationships, and had a hard time leaving due to their manipulative tendencies. But she kept going, and eventually found someone who made her happy.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I didn't date in high school. That taught me to be more forward and do the approaching myself because waiting around for a guy to approach me didn't work in high school and is definitely not going to work now.

1|0
    0|0
  • That people only want to use u for ur kindness... I was crushing on this guy who wouldn't be straight up with me about how he feels he was like he don't know and that he don't like me but he can see us together. And then in jule he started to not talk to me as much after i gave him a gift for his bday and 2 daya ago his cousin and I were talking and she said that he keeps saying that he dont like me but is gonna take everything i give and not give anything back
    I was like seriously? I wasn't expecting anything back anyways but the fact that it would come across his mind when he made it seem like we were cool was just trifling to me. Now all of a sudden one of his friends keep starring at me. Im so done with relationships or even liking someone cuz they all the same😒

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• I taught me not to be reluctant to talk to girls, but also which ones were not worth my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t take high school seriously 😂 it’s a bunch of dumb horny awkward kids thinking they’re adults 😝

4|5
    0|0
  • It taught me that teens are very stupid people who don't learn from their mistakes and continue to make them in adulthood.

It also proved to me that sex means nothing without a true emotional connection.

1|1
    0|0
    • Damn Never heard such truth, either way ima go sneak out of my house come back home expect my parents to be asleep and then get when I do get caught ask why do my parents not trust me 🙃 (SARCASM)

• High school dating taught me
    1. Love was blind
    2. Girls can be mean many a times
    3. Looks mattered the most, and nothing else seemed that important
    4. Hell lot of competition for a bunch of beauties
    5. Crushes were hard to approach, and impossible to get

1|0
    0|0
  • Bullying is a problem everywhere, so is racism in the workplace. If you can't stand being around those types of people consider a different field of work. Being a doctor means you will surely run into those types head on every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • for a smartass you are really not gonna get very far with that mentality... you should consider dating a girl like yourself whom may have the same mental mindset as you unfortunately do

0|1
    0|0
  • One thing that I learned from dating was that it takes two to make a relationship to work. It's never up to one person to keep the relationship alive. Took me 5 years to learn that.

0|0
    0|0
  • world is not shitty, just some people , you will meet some who are kind, well depending where you live.

0|0
    0|0
  • That dating at that age is only good for self esteem. Chances of finding lifetime love at that age are pretty unexisting in my opinion..

0|1
    0|0
  • Women are confusing no matter the age and don't know what they want so I should focus on me and my goals

0|0
    0|0
  • High school means nothing.

You have some real problems.

0|1
    0|0
    • Here is more analysis.

"I want to be a doctor"
      You won't become a doctor. I have known enough people (and friends) that have become doctors and others that wanted to, but failed to easily tell the difference between those that have it and those that don't. You don't.

• No one dates in highschool, it's just F*ck budy in another word.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can tell you what NOT dating in high school has taught me. I should have told the girl I had feelings for what I felt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never dated so I have no idea what it's like to date in highschool. From what I saw it seemed it was mostly drama and heart break.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can date someone a break up with them and still be cool with em

0|0
    0|0
  • That life sucks if you date the right one for you but not everyone else

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't get a date until way after high school. That is not for lack of trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • True love does exist

2|2
    0|0
  • I'v never dated in highschool

0|0
    0|0
  • How to spot fake or unfaithful girls

1|0
    0|0
  • Not to cheat

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing. I didn't date in high school.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was just a time waste

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree whit your last sentence!

0|0
    0|0
  • My school is boys only

0|0
    0|0
  • That nobody likes me.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't answer people, she left

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it taught me about the actual work that you need to put in a relationship and that there is no special one or that high school relationship are generally about looks, ego boosting, popularity, and other forms of selfish acts or just want you for sex but I mean I see high school relationship as a good way to break your heart a lot

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• Dating in high school taught me that people will do and say anything to make themselves feel like they’re more important, more special, more valid than anyone else.

It taught me to not settle for the first person to give me attention. It taught me that I’m worth more than what someone else says I am or should be.

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn’t date in high school. I was a bit busy being pinned by the throat to the wall by bullies.

So what you’re saying is you are going to exclude the world the same way your ex and his friends did? Cool. Have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think dating in high school was a lot easier than it is now. You saw your bf/gf everyday. My high school boyfriend is the only one of my exes who didn’t hurt me in anyway. I don’t think I learned anything tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had my first love during high school, so I think I learned that things don’t work out sometimes and that’s okay. I’ve learned that when someone loves you, you will know. I’ve learned that it is necessary to grow from past relationships. I’ve dated a few people since, and haven’t found anyone to be “boyfriend and girlfriend” with yet and that’s okay. That being said, I’ve learned that I’m picky, and it’s okay;because, I deserve to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only had two boyfriend at one of a time. I give up with high school dating with the last guy try to force me to have sex and I kept saying. he kept getting mad and I broke up with him. move. don't date in college

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't date in highschool, I didn't meet any boys.
    Anyways but my not dating taught me that:
    People with fun, cool personalities will get dates and partners.
    Your friends and family back then won't tell you the truth that you're a mess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to settle - find someone on the same level as you; communicate and speak up more when I have an issue instead of the silent treatment, use condoms always not sometimes, and find out more about the person you are dating before you make it official

0|0
    0|0
  • that some guys string you along like one guy we went on a date and then said he wasn't over his ex and then another guy dating me " went on vacation" and his new girlfriend messaged me saying he was dating her and have to dump him

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex gets better but dating still sux and gets harder to move on from breaks after breaks as an adult compared to as a high schooler

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're focusing on your career and your own life then you're in the right track. Don't give a fuck about those who annoy u and u will live a happy life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Taught me absolutely nothing as it was pointless. Nothing real about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't date in high school 🙄 for no real reason honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • I never dated in high school anyway. Never had a boyfriend either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had to get through the bad to fine the woman that deserves my heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone around is fuck boy

0|0
    0|1
  • That high school sweethearts do exist haha

0|0
    0|1
  • It taught me that I was unwanted by EVERYBODY.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • That young love exists. I had the biggest crush on a guy and we dated and it was a wonderful experience. Although he did break my heart by dumping me, he was my first for lots of things and it opened up a whole new world of feelings. He was my first true love.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes