What has dating in high school taught you?

I liked a guy in highschool but we came from different backgrounds. I felt like he had too much insecurity to be genuine and ended up becoming a really fake annoying person. Till this day I have low tolerance for being around people like him.

His friends would tell him I was lame for being a virgin and not smoking/drinking and stuff like them.

They also made fun of me and my background.

His model friends from his private school hooked him up with other models.

I soon realized the world was just a hard, dark and unfair place.

I did not let it get me down though. He'd tell me he could have several women hotter than me and began bullying me so my mom made me cut off contact with him.

I want to be a doctor and I don't plan on dating every again. I'm a sensitive person so I like to protect my space.

Till this day I refuse to befriend rich, white suburban kids.

I only hang out with minority women who want to be doctors, lawyers, judges etc.

I don't befriend white females who are yourubers, model's, etc. Nor do I take them seriously.

I will never date again and I will always put my career and self before relationships and children.

I don't even want to reproduce in this shitty world.

2130

Most Helpful Guys

• Just dont. Your parents will tear the relationship apart. Or rather, force you to shatter her heart yourself. Corner you by saying "you do it or we will do it for you". Or at least thats qhat happened in January last year. I was forced to make her cry for the first time in our relationship.

But seriously you either just finished High school or are finishing it soon. Such a recent boy isn't representative of all men. His "friends" were just dicks and whores, and if i were you i wouldn't have invested more time in them knowing how they were like before things got shitty. I mean there's nothing wrong with being virgin, and not drinking or smoking is really a good thing, in my opinion.

I've been made fun of ever since i started school because i have a weird family name. I've been called stuff thats equivalent to reptiles. My self-confidence was whittled down day by day. But I survived. Now that im in a differemt school its much better. People aren't assholes here. I get that since whatever happened to you was really recent, it still affects your view of dating and of society, but trust me it will get better over time. Till then gice yoyrself the time and space to recuperate and work on other passions in your life. Good luck!

• Wow. Sounds like a really bad relationship. And person. That said, it was high school. As people get older, they become more mature and (usually) less of an asshole. I'm not saying try to get back with this guy, just that you shouldn't give up on dating in general. Eventually you'll find someone who just clicks. I know it sounds cliche, but it's accurate. Personally, I had a good experience with high school dating. On the other hand, I have a friend who didn't. She was in multiple abusive relationships, and had a hard time leaving due to their manipulative tendencies. But she kept going, and eventually found someone who made her happy.

Most Helpful Girls

• I didn't date in high school. That taught me to be more forward and do the approaching myself because waiting around for a guy to approach me didn't work in high school and is definitely not going to work now.

• That people only want to use u for ur kindness... I was crushing on this guy who wouldn't be straight up with me about how he feels he was like he don't know and that he don't like me but he can see us together. And then in jule he started to not talk to me as much after i gave him a gift for his bday and 2 daya ago his cousin and I were talking and she said that he keeps saying that he dont like me but is gonna take everything i give and not give anything back
    I was like seriously? I wasn't expecting anything back anyways but the fact that it would come across his mind when he made it seem like we were cool was just trifling to me. Now all of a sudden one of his friends keep starring at me. Im so done with relationships or even liking someone cuz they all the same😒