My crush told me I sound really down for a relationship. What does that mean?

After me and my crush went out (it was just a car ride to get to see each other), after that he replied to my texts very bluntly. When I asked why he said "you just sound really down for a relationship and tbh im not in the right place for one" So is he saying that im not relationship material? It was only like the first hang out and I Was really nervous tho. And he was actually ready for a relationship cuz he showed signs that he likes me but after we met he said that. I know I turned him off :(. Like maybe he expected me to be lovey dovey? But how do I answer him? I would want him to know that im ready to be in a relationship with him and he just needs to get to know me more better and see me more often u know.

03