Why won't guys ask me out?

I have several guy friends who have told me I am good looking and they knew several guys who were interested in me. Several people have told me over text message, facebook, snap chat, etc that they liked me and wished they would have asked me out when they had the chance. Yet I have only had 1 guy actually ask me out in person. What is up with this?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If you see close minded or closed off- you might get rejected by guys. The girls who get hit on are the ones who are open minded and easy going and approachable and make men feel comfortable. Those girls get hit on more often cause guys don't risk anything when they ask them out.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't wait for people to come to you, you have to take the initiative and take risks. Going through life thinking there's someone out there specifically designed for you is a great way to end up lonely. Be bold!

0|0
    0|0
    • I have asked out many guys. It would just be nice for once if it was a guy asking me. I am someone who gladly goes after what they want. Like I said it would be nice if it was reciprocated though

• Could be an issue on either end try to stay open minded, some people are more introverted and won't make a move unless they know it'll pay off.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• What jennifer_bloom said. Relaxed, friendly personality and fun to be with are what determines if I'd ask her out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well when people tell you that stuff and are interested in you do you just ignore them or do you show interest in them by texting them back? For the people telling you they wished they had asked you out when they had the chance did you respond like, I'm giving you a 2nd chance offer. Impress me and you may get a date with me? If you don't show any interest they will just say the hell with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I will always text them back whether interested or not. But if I am interested I tell them honestly that I would have liked that and in the future we can still do on one.

• body language says a lot, if you look like you don't want to be approached next to no one will, if you portray yourself as easy going and open guys will see that and approach you

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey cutie, want to go out with me? Like on a date or something?

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are very shy about asking anyone out. If you have to ask one of them out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why don't u ask a guy out

0|0
    0|0
    • I have asked guys out. I am not afraid to pursue a guy and don't need them to be the ones to always ask me out. It would be nice if they would though. It just interests me to know what makes me so different from my friends who get asked out all the time.

• Why do u think u aren't being asked out? What could be the reason? You must have an idea at least

• I have asked a couple of my close guy friends and they all seem to agree that I can be intimidating. I know what I want and go after it. I am in confident in who I am. They also said it was intimidating how I seemed to hang out more with guys than girls. But to me that seems like a cop-out. But I really don't know...

• Guys are little bit shy to ask for a date

0|0
    0|0
  • don't know girl same here.. hahaha.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes