It’s been a year now and I still really like him, how can I get another chance with him? please help?

There’s a guy that used to go to my s hook that I liked a lot and I know he really liked me to, cause we’d always talk to each other, go out etc. but then his best friend (who I had rejected back in the day) started spreading rumors that I lost my virginity to him, which is why me and this guy stopped talking cause he told me “you’re cool and I really like you, but you’ve been with my friend and that matters to me” and even tho I told him his friend is lying he didn’t really believe me. We ended up unfollowing each other on all social media and never really spoke after that. It’s been over a year and I just can’t stop thinking about him, I requested to follow him on insta two weeks ago and he followed me back and I’ve been wanting to talk things out with him, or just start fresh. How can I get another chance with him?

21