Would you date someone who has cheated in the past?

2046

Most Helpful Guys

• Short answer, yes.
    I won't preemptively doubt their ability to learn from their mistakes. If they seem legitimately remorseful for their actions, I won't condemn them for something they haven't done to me.

• Depends on why like if they were in an abusive relationship or arranged marriage but main thing is if they'd changed otherwise no, been cheated on myself by an ex of 14 years a friend we'd both grew up with was her focus, her family loved him cos he brought the booze in... they pushed them together then 12 months after we split I found out she'd threw away everything on nothing cos he cheated on her with his step son's fiancee and knocked her up

Most Helpful Girls

• Nah. I wouldn't cuz that already shows a lot about them As a person.

• Depends on how I found out about it. Did they admit to it and are sincerely remorseful for the pain they caused? Then yes. If not, than no.

• I'm in that situation right now because I met this guy and we went on a few dates. We were playing the questions game and I asked if he had ever cheated. He said yes, and it was recently before he met me. He just casually mentioned it, like no big deal. So I am asking this question.

• If it bothers you, push the issue. Ask him a follow up, like: when you cheated, dis your significant other find out?