Would you date someone who has cheated in the past?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Short answer, yes.
    I won't preemptively doubt their ability to learn from their mistakes. If they seem legitimately remorseful for their actions, I won't condemn them for something they haven't done to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why like if they were in an abusive relationship or arranged marriage but main thing is if they'd changed otherwise no, been cheated on myself by an ex of 14 years a friend we'd both grew up with was her focus, her family loved him cos he brought the booze in... they pushed them together then 12 months after we split I found out she'd threw away everything on nothing cos he cheated on her with his step son's fiancee and knocked her up

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Nah. I wouldn't cuz that already shows a lot about them As a person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how I found out about it. Did they admit to it and are sincerely remorseful for the pain they caused? Then yes. If not, than no.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm in that situation right now because I met this guy and we went on a few dates. We were playing the questions game and I asked if he had ever cheated. He said yes, and it was recently before he met me. He just casually mentioned it, like no big deal. So I am asking this question.

• If it bothers you, push the issue. Ask him a follow up, like: when you cheated, dis your significant other find out?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• If it isn't recent and she can convince me that she won't repeat it. We all have a past, after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would ever date a girl whos been cheating on her ex but never say never :) A lot of different situations in her life could lead to it but I don't think this is something any girl would be proud of. In any case, I think that if she has crossed this line once, the second time will be much easier for her. So this will definitely be a problem for me if I find this out.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd need convincing that they'd changed, and I'd also want a good explanation as to why they had.

People can cheat for at least two reasons, one of which is because they are narcissistic trash, who don't care about their impact on others. The other reason is because a person can feel desperately unhappy, and trapped in a situation.

I'd never trust the first type. I could come to trust the second, I think, if I thought they regretted it and had truly changed.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on a number of things, including, how long since they cheated, why they thought about it now, what steps they took to see that it never happened again, etc., and they would have to gain my trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • if they told me that they cheated in the past and can make me believe that they think it was a mistake they're not going to repeat, then yeah. if we're dating and i find out that she's been cheating a lot without her telling me, then that's a hard pass.

0|0
    0|0
  • She would have to pose a hell of an argument for doing so and if she cheated multiple times then probably not. But who knows, chemistry is strong and alcohol even stronger...

0|0
    0|0
  • maybe...
    Probably if they did they'll lie about it.
    And if they did and don't lie, and it seems they have taken something out of their mistake then maybe yes.

But its something to tread carefully with.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. On what merit could I believe that she wouldn't cheat on me too. Verbal promises don't mean a thing, let alone from someone who has a history of dishonesty. I couldn't bring myself to trust a woman who has cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. They had a choice and they failed. They most certainly don't respect commitment. I can not allow that to happen to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure but I wouldn't expect them to be much different this time around. Just dating for fun would be ok but it would take time to trust them.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend cheated on her ex but i know why she did it and she did the right thing! I'll never act the same way her ex did so she'll never cheat ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know how I'd find out, but once that door is open then it stays open. Do probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah fk that. Sounds like a great way to set myself up for months of depression and anger

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on weather they have a good character or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if I find out before I get to love them! Once a cheater always a cheater

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely wouldn't, but who am I to be picky >_>

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... Cheating is their problem what bothers us...

0|0
    0|0
  • And how would we know if they were a cheat in the past if they never told us

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope i won't

1|0
    0|0
  • Nein

1|0
    0|0
  • Simply no

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but she would have to earn my trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way, I can't date someone I can't trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would but I would also be very sceptical.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Fuck no.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I find out no way Jose

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Very unlikely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ew, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• No. There may be exceptions but those are very very slim.

0|0
    0|0
  • NO , they have already shown they can't be faithful in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • NO, that person would undoubtedly be of low moral character and cheating would certainly not be the least of his flaws. I'd move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm not going to judge them cause their past but I'll just watch for all the red flags and hopefully they love me to much to cheat on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I would not.
    The statement : Once a cheater, always a cheater is true most of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s that simple. It depends on how long ago it was, the dynamic of their previous relationship, and our relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because it would always be in the back of my mind and the thought of not knowing if they were cheating on me too...

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • heck to the no

0|0
    0|0
  • HELLNO

0|0
    0|0
  • Once a cheater always a cheater...