Do we choose to be single? Or is it just bad luck?

• Yes, it’s a choice
    Vote A
  • No, some people just can’t find a good match
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Most men have no chance to ever have someone really be attracted to them. The best the majority of men can hope for is a woman's self-esteem dropping low enough that she will allow herself to be seen with him, before she inevitably leaves him again for one of the 1/10th of guys that women actually do more than tolerate. The best most men can hope for is to be tolerated by a woman for as long as possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its both really. You could really be stuck in an area you can't meet anybody. That's much less common than just having a poor attitude or nothing to bring to the table in a relationship though.

Get in shape, deal with mental health issues, live a life others want to share in.

Tldr Basically in theory it could be bad luck, in practice though its a choice to be single.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• From my understand and recent knowledge, most people don't have good luck with dating, some people just settle. If you tell yourself that you're happy and satisfied, that doesn't make it true. People who believe in never settling or have specific needs choose to be single.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you’re saying a majority of people settle?

• Duh, does it look like many people are happy to you? It has never looked like most people are happy to me. Ever since I was a child I would only see like two or three happy couples out of fifty, and sometimes they end up splitting up too which would come as a shock to others.

Here's another shocker for you. I've had many relationships where my partner and I were sincerely happy. I made many people jealous through no fault of ours and we always end up splitting faster due to other people rumors, interference and jealousy. This is because society doesn't view happy relationships are normal and don't want anyone to have that.

• I think I have the lowest of the lowest luck in the dating world ^^;;

It's an annoying thing to happen in a society where people expects you to be in a relationship and plus, marriages happens all the time here haha

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• Yes and no I didn't choose to be, but I agreed with my recent exes choice... she was unsure of where I fit in her life but I suppose due to bad luck we chose to be this way, however we remain still good friends

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's a little bit of both.
    Every time I pursue a girl she already has a boyfriend or is nowhere near interested in me, which further makes me keep choosing to be single.
    It's probably how other people feel as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really think it has much to do with luck, but sometimes it's not much of a choice either.

For example if you're really busy with work, like maybe working 80 hours a week then you don't really have time to socialize.

And if you do have time, but you're, not good looking, terrible charisma, or anti social. Then that's not really due to luck, you just need to work on yourself first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some choose, some of it is just no luck. Wouldn`t say BAD luck has anything t do with it, but just NO luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be one or the other or both. There is a certain amount of luck involved in meeting people. Some people have that luck while others don't.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have defied all odds and have had a truly horrible experience with dating. I don't consider my single-ness to be my fault at this point, though, and it's because I have recognized that I am being sabotaged.

0|0
    0|0
  • I said that it's a choice but really it's both. I believe anyone could be in a relationship. But that doesn't mean that they'll be with a good match.

1|0
    0|0
  • Love isn't a choice. It finds you, it happens to you. You can't choose like : "I want to fall in love with him or her over there." But I realy think that at one moment you come to meet someone but then its uo to you what you gonna do with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • People choose the wrong people and also people can get what they want by approach appearance and the way they verbalize what they want lol I can get what I want just with talking

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a choice on a subconscious level. We have resources that can train a person on how to find a mate, but most don't take it.
    So, if you don't want to try, maybe you don't want to get one.

0|0
    0|0
  • obviously some choose to and some are cause they don't find anybody.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I choose to go on dates, set up second ones, then get ghosted. It's my favorite past-time, really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe there are people choose to be single but most single people are probably in B

0|0
    0|0
  • I choose to remain a bachelor, since my sex robot does not count as a companion. Women ar just way to dangerous to interact with now a day's

0|0
    1|0
  • I choose to be single, had enough of relationships.

0|2
    0|0
  • Some people choose to be single and some people just can’t find a good match

1|1
    0|0
  • Some people can’t find a good match and some can't find any match.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both.
    Sometimes you choose, sometimes you can't get who you wanna be with...

0|0
    0|0
  • If you try being better and are looking for somebody something will Change, someone will show up, being passive is same as being doomed to be singlu.

0|0
    0|0
  • BAD LUCK
    I didn't even date to have a bad match
    So , it not bad luck
    Is no luck

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of us can't find true love, we have streaks of bad luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't any right answer, some people choose to stay single while others just don't find someone

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe someone most special will be given to u as a reward for being single from so long

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad luck mostly. Some people are born to be single for their whole life

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, bad luck. Women don't like me beyond base friendship, thats just how life panned out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it's by choice, sometimes it's involuntary.

0|0
    0|0
  • You want to get into relationship well i m single right now 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no luck with the opposite sex. But one day is always the hope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad luck for me have not met anyone I like and ones I do like I can not have

0|0
    0|0
  • For some people it's A, for other people it's B.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• As a person who tried to be the perfect girlfriend to every single guy I dated, I think it’s just some of us have shitty luck. I’m beautiful, passionate, supporting and would give my life if I fall in love but look, the guy I loved left me few months ago and already is dating someone new.

1|2
    0|0
  • I picked B but it could be a mixture of both.

My mom has been single for 30+ years. She's received countless offers from men who don't mind that she has children and genuinely seem like they want to start a life with her. However, she's chosen to be single. But I think having bad luck in her first long term relationship (my dad) has made her more guarded and cautious of who she gives her heart to.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really believe in luck.
    I believe in the power of the subconscious, so if you are single is because you chose it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of us choose to be single but I also think that some people just have bad luck

1|0
    0|0
  • I choose to be single. I go on dates, A LOT, but I think after my ex boyfriend I’ve been lucky and I’m okay with that. I want someone who is what I need.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean? You’re lucky you’re no longer with your ex and want a break? Or he was the better one you’ve been with and want someone like him again?

• Show All
    • Why’d you two break up?

• He had aggressive tendencies & I was over emotional. I’m only 17 now. We broke up when we I was 16, right around his 17th birthday Bc I said some rude things at a party & he got out of hand. He never hit me or anything obviously! Just had a rough past. We talked about it afterwards, and I still have love for him. I just think were too young. (::

• Well not all in a relationships are lucky so being a single is not a bad luck. I think it's our choice if we want to stay single.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t speak for other people but I choose to be single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I've never found a match. Bad luck for me. I'm 4'11" (150cm) and 99 lbs (45 kg).

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t want to be single, yet I feel as though I conscisally push potential and great guys away.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is the hardest question I’ve ever had to answer I don't know 😭😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes both

0|0
    0|0
  • All depends

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on everyone
    Personally I didn't choose

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people make a choice to be single, because their standards are too high, they are living in a fantasy world of their own that people are perfect

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes