Why are a lot of gag members self esteem so low that they date people off gag?

I just dont get it. like why?,
Updates:
Eww chile some of y'all think gag is the real world.
I mean come on how do you know the persons real, what's the likelihood of y'all meeting, this isn't the real world. eventually you gotta go out and meet people

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They just want to fool around and talk shit. Or they actually have real problem and can't approach anyone in person so the only way is to do it over text.

1|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• What do you mean by “date”? Like an internet penpal chat room relationship with a stranger they’ll probably never meet or touch? Yeah, pretty sad.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• It's not as crazy as you might think. You can actually get a little bit of a feel for what a person is like on GAG, especially compared to some short, vague online dating profile. There are a few women from here I wouldn't mind meeting up with if they weren't halfway across the world. Looks aren't as important as a lot of people assume they are- if she is interesting, she's going to be interesting regardless of her physical appearance.

2|0
    0|0
    • Apparently some people actually do meet up with others from the site (I am not one of them).

• That's a rather assumptive statement.
    To assume that a lot of people on here have a low self esteem? There are plenty who don't.
    It's also perfectly assumable that if people begin chatting on here privately, possibly exchange information and chat elsewhere. If they live far apart, possibly video chat, then meet in real life. If it turns out they live not too far apart, they would meet. No different than meeting through a dating app, through Facebook, or on Twitter. Yes, people have met up and dated through Twitter. Why is on here any different?

2|1
    1|0
  • Wait don't all normal people date people that's off gag?

I'd say dating people on gag is a lot weirder.

1|0
    0|0
  • why do you need to have low self esteem to date someone yuo met online that seemed nice?

0|1
    0|0
    • Because gag for one isn't a dating site, what's the likelihood of them meeting, no one here has a real profile pic of themselves, how do you even know who you're really talking too?

• Show All
    • why can't people get off their computer or phone and go outside and find someone real, not cyber dating

• Because we don’t live in the past anymore. Times have changed

• How many of these couples you know are actually dating?

Or is this from the recent "would you date me" nonsense? 😂I assume when most people reply with yes they are trying to be nice, also circle jerking is okay here, relax

0|0
    0|0
    • No someone on here said she was dating a guy off here. which made like zero sense to me. most people here have no profile pic.

• Well if they like each other from the contents they post, then connect further through social media, sounds normal lol They surely know what the other person looks like, probably sext and Skype many times...

• Might not be a self esteem issue. I think a large amount of people date online these days. I will agree that there are more openly sad people on here probably due to the anonymity

0|0
    0|0
  • Why is their self esteem so low? Who knows why they lack confidence? But finding someone on here isn’t the worst thing ever. People find people to date over video games 😓

0|0
    0|0
    • Because gag for one isn't a dating site, what's the likelihood of them meeting, no one here has a real profile pic of themselves, how do you even know who you're really talking too?

• You don’t and that’s the chance some people are willing to take. At least some people have actually met up and started real relationships because of it.

• Eh I prefer the real world. there's so much more out there

• I would date someone from G@G
    Actually I tried
    I am not a cat fish though

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe some have self esteem issues that make them think they cannot be attractive to anyone. So talking online becomes their main means of communication.
    I doubt that's most people. I doubt many people on here have relationships with each other. Sounds like an oddity.

Otherwise getting a crush on someone you talk to a lot can be pretty easy. Even if you dont get to meet them immediately or regularly, there's video chat, phonecalls, voice messages, pictures, text... Its not like we're in the victorian era where love letters was the only means of communication with an SO.
    My guess is that this is probably what happened. Though an LDR like this is probably going to be problematic since people on here tend ot be from geographically diverse locations...

Its definitely preferable to look out in the 'real' world ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • I date people off G@G

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s a little bum

0|0
    0|0
  • they don't really want a date. they just want someone to say something sexy to them so they can jerk off. Or have someone look at their weener since they don't have any girls in real life that are interested.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn’t always have something to do with their self-esteem really, it can be the same way relationships irl come to be. You meet somebody, get to talking a lot, develop a close relationship and maybe a crush, and eventually it might lead to a relationship.

0|2
    1|0
    • 🤦‍♂️ a crush on who? how? no one on here as an actual profile pic. thats desperation.

• Show All
    • You’re making it out to be like by being romantically affiliated with one person on here that must mean I’m romantically/sexually affiliated with everyone on here or something. That isn’t the case. I’m committed to the person I’m in a relationship with, because I already have some morals believe it or not. You make a very poor argument and refuse to explain any statement you make despite request, so sure, bye. I don’t even know why you’d respond and try to get this thread going again if you still haven’t grown enough of a brain to communicate eloquently and elaborately.

• So you say only those with a low self-esteem could magically meet someone they connect with on here? What a stupid assumption.

1|1
    1|0
    • Learn how to read please. I'm not continuing this convo until you do. the end

• Learn how to write properly first. I understood perfectly well what you wrote.

• And who are you to judge a book by its cover? I have personally never dated anyone from this website and nor will I. I don't even try with the more traditional dating websites. I prefer to date those who I have been friends with for quite some time, but I digress. There are some people out there who live vicariously through the internet and while it is not healthy - it is also not my place to assume what kind of life someone else has had. Social anxiety, depression... etc. The list and reasons are endless. I'm happy for you that you are secure and confident in your own skin. Try to be of service to those who are not. It goes a long way.

0|0
    1|0
    • You proved my point. keyword ,"not healthy " second keyword," I wouldn't date anyone here". Thanks for proving my point

• Show All
    • You have too much time on your hand.

• It is Saturday, so of course, I'm going to have time to waste on a Saturday. It is the one day of the week where I'm not conducting field research for my doctorate or spending 12+ hours at a college teaching to overprivileged millennials that assume they know everything about the world and how it works. Mindfully speaking, not all fit the status quo, but you seem to exemplify the characteristics. Thank you, for taking such notice at your presumptuous anecdotes and indirect reference to how I spend my time. I stand by my point of view and I find your ability to pick and choose from your stance of direction to deflect by personal attacks quite comical. This will be the last you hear of me ( go ahead and say thank god) you know narrow-minded nothing.

• They might not have the option of dating in real life and may not have much luck on sites or apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why does that have to mean they have low self esteem? If they found someone they click with, who cares where they met?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well the likelyhood that you’re r real is non existent

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes