Is it possible to change someone’s mindset once they have believed it for so long?

I have believed I was repulsive since I was in middle school and now even as an adult nothing has changed people say to me oh you shouldn’t think that and keep trying eventually you’ll find the girl but this is just a lie life experience and advanced psychology classes tell me when someone is lying just to protect my feelings.
Updates:
Thanks
Thanks again

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• That’s your fault that you ignore the people you like that’s probably makes the girl feel bad about herself cause a guy flat out ignored her and couldn’t even look her in the eye she probably felt like a ghost how sad next time I would say Hi even if your voice shakes

0|0
    0|0
    • You don’t understand I have been rejected by hundreds of women that now I do it myself so they don’t have to it’s what my brain has shifted to

What Guys Said 2

• The answer to your title question:

It is highly unlikely and it's not possible unless they really want to change their own mindset.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I have strongly believed this for a long time I see a girl I find attractive and I reject myself I just turn my head and ignore her

• Show All
    • "Well I have strongly believed this for a long time I see a girl I find attractive and I reject myself I just turn my head and ignore her"

Have you thought about the possibility that you simply don't need a woman in your life and that's why you rejecting yourself naturally comes to you.

• I do it because nothing ever changes it’s like why keep putting myself through the same cycle of disappointment

• I used to think birds were distinct from dinosaurs.

I now believe birds are dinosaurs.

So, yes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I used to think gay male sex was disgusting.

I still think it is disgusting, but I don't care.

Recommended myTakes