Girls, if you meet a guy online, what do you want to do on your first date/first meeting?

Looks like a first date that is off to a good start!
Looks like a first date that is off to a good start!
When you have "met" someone online, approaching your first face-to-face meeting can be anxiety provoking. Some women prefer to not call it a "date" but a "meeting." Does he look like his pictures? Is he a serial killer? Does he have rude habits? Is he a gentle soul or rough around the edges? Etc. etc., etc. . .

When and where do you want to have your first meeting? What is the logic behind your preference?
  • Just meet during the daytime for coffee
    Vote A
  • Meet somewhere for lunch
    Vote B
  • Meet somewhere around 6 pm for a drink
    Vote C
  • Meet somewhere downscale for a simple, very casual dinner in the early evening
    Vote D
  • Meet somewhere upscale for a nice dinner and maybe to a nice lounge for drinks afterwards
    Vote E
  • Dancing. . . please!
    Vote F
  • Movie
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• We met up for coffee but ended up together all day. But before that, we met in a train station as I had to get a train to go meet him. I picked there over the cafe we went to in case anything happened - it was somewhere busy and I knew police would be nearby, worst case scenario transport police, but someone would be near by for help and it was an area packed with CCTV

1|1
    3|0
  • I would be fine with any place as long as I feel safe. Preferably a place that will have more people around and we won't be alone. Might even take a friend with me. I don't believe that he's gonna rape me or anything lol, if I did I wouldn't date him. But remember if anything does happen, society will blame ME and they will make ME feel guilty for letting him do something wrong and not being careful. Again please don't take it the wrong way.

Usually on first dates it is better if a girl does not change her natural appearance significantly but I could do that cause he probably saw my bare natural face (and un-styled hair) in photos and maybe even video calls. I could get away with something different from usual but it is still better to look like I'm on my own skin anyway.

It would be like a normal first date otherwise. Dress cute, be clean, plan a schedule, have money with me, all that shebang.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I definetely want to have talked to that person like in a call to see if we can have a decent conversation first, maybe even a video call, because you can't really fake that.
    Then I would meet in a public place for lunch or a coffee and maybe even take a friend with me :)

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't want anything lengthy or expensive so you don't feel like a putz if it goes south. Just a short meeting for coffee, Keep it short unless you immediately click. Then you can always go someplace else from there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually meet guys at bars because drinks help me relax but I don’t drink too much because that’s not safe with someone I just met.
    I have had dates that I only knew for a day and dates I’ve been texting for months. It depends on what’s going on in my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • I say a drink after work. someplace casual where you can easily have an excuse to go or stay depending on how that one drink worked out

2|1
    0|0
  • Meet him for lunch, and around people. Itll be interesting if he really turns out to be who he said he is in his profile. Lol!

1|1
    0|0
  • want to meet somebody for the first time in public, maybe even have a friend with me. You can't trust people these days.

1|1
    0|0
  • Go for the local equivalent of tapas. I don't drink on an empty stomach and I don't want to be forced to sit through a full dinner with someone im not sure about.

1|1
    0|0
  • So i would like to meet the guy for lunch and just enjoy my time while m doing it... Later maybe i would like him to kiss... But that's all... No more

0|1
    0|0
  • Either daytime for coffee or for a walk... I guess I'm boring xD

0|1
    0|0
  • For first time meeting a very public place like a mall

0|1
    0|0
  • D sounds pretty sweet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Safety first

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd be open for any of these.

0|1
    0|0
  • Meet at my favorite restaurant at 2 pm for lunch.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dinner

0|0
    0|0
  • Option E shows that the guy has strong interest in you and isn't a cheapskate. Two very appealing qualities!

0|1
    0|0
  • Being safe is the most important factor so always meet during the day, in a crowded place, and for a brief amount of time.
    Always have an exit plan and let your family/ friends know where you're going.
    According to statistics, 25% of rapists use dating websites.

0|1
    0|0
  • All sound good

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes