Girls, if you meet a guy online, what do you want to do on your first date/first meeting?

Looks like a first date that is off to a good start!
When you have "met" someone online, approaching your first face-to-face meeting can be anxiety provoking. Some women prefer to not call it a "date" but a "meeting." Does he look like his pictures? Is he a serial killer? Does he have rude habits? Is he a gentle soul or rough around the edges? Etc. etc., etc. . .

When and where do you want to have your first meeting? What is the logic behind your preference?
  • Just meet during the daytime for coffee
  • Meet somewhere for lunch
  • Meet somewhere around 6 pm for a drink
    Vote C
  • Meet somewhere downscale for a simple, very casual dinner in the early evening
    Vote D
  • Meet somewhere upscale for a nice dinner and maybe to a nice lounge for drinks afterwards
    Vote E
  • Dancing. . . please!
    Vote F
  • Movie
    Vote G

20

Most Helpful Girls

• We met up for coffee but ended up together all day. But before that, we met in a train station as I had to get a train to go meet him. I picked there over the cafe we went to in case anything happened - it was somewhere busy and I knew police would be nearby, worst case scenario transport police, but someone would be near by for help and it was an area packed with CCTV

• I would be fine with any place as long as I feel safe. Preferably a place that will have more people around and we won't be alone. Might even take a friend with me. I don't believe that he's gonna rape me or anything lol, if I did I wouldn't date him. But remember if anything does happen, society will blame ME and they will make ME feel guilty for letting him do something wrong and not being careful. Again please don't take it the wrong way.

Usually on first dates it is better if a girl does not change her natural appearance significantly but I could do that cause he probably saw my bare natural face (and un-styled hair) in photos and maybe even video calls. I could get away with something different from usual but it is still better to look like I'm on my own skin anyway.

It would be like a normal first date otherwise. Dress cute, be clean, plan a schedule, have money with me, all that shebang.