Guys, Am I racist to have only had only one white guy crush my entire 30 years of life?

As a black women, I’ve never crushed on a white guy until last summer; it was super unexpected and quite an intense crush☺️

He never knew how I felt (no way in hell did I never have the guts to say literally one word), so I just kept away from him and kept my feelings to myself.
The crazy thing is I still have strong feelings for him, and I haven't seen him in a year.😢

I'm 30 years old; is it racist that he's the only white guy I've ever had a crush on?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not racist unless your reasons for not dating white guys are based on your perception of their inferiority. Racism requires that you view yourself as superior to other races and that you make certain derogatory and/or negative assumptions about other races.

These days everyone wants to accuse you of some kind of 'ism' if you don't follow the narrative that they want you to follow. Common sense and objectivity need to prevail.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would it be?
    You're attracted to who you're attracted to.

It would be racist if you outright refused to give a chance to a white guy you're attracted to because he's white.
    Simply not being attracted to them doesn't mean anything. We all have types, tastes and preferences. You can't control them. And you're not doing anything out of spite or hate so...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• No, I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has different tastes and your crushes will reflect that - To only like or mostly only like one race is not racist, it is just your taste - I prefer dark hair, does that mean I am biased against blondes

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't racist if you don't date a particular race. It would be if you said you don't date white men because of some racist stereotype or something like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not racist. Simply put, the heart's gonna desire what the heart desires.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should tell him
    If a woman is her whole life only with one guy is it racist towards to other guys?

1|0
    0|0
  • No your not racist i just think things like that happen i wouldn't worry about it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.. We tend to fall for those who we are familiar with, I think you are perfectly normal...

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Your preference is your preference.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, you like what you like

1|0
    0|0
  • Duhh, no

0|0
    0|0
  • I never crushed on a black girl

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not racist.