How do I being to walk away from someone I love?

How do you walk away from a 4 year relationship?

Starting to realize that maybe he isn’t ready to settle down. This all came to light when he had to confess to cheating when one of the girls ended up pregnant.

During this time, he came clean about him messing with other females, and how he recently began to realize that he wanted to settle down for good with me and wanted to cut everyone else off, before he got the news of the pregnancy.

Long story short, she lost the baby and we both expressed how it was bitter sweet because it should have never happened and now more people have ended up hurt due to all of the lies and deceit. He still insisted that he saw me in his future and wanted things with us to work...

But now how do we come back from all of this? We decided that we need time to take everything in and analyze how we ended up here. he stated he needed to do this on his own. But I don’t think he is ready to completely make a turn around yet. He still has females calling and texting him at all times of night. You would think the recent incident would be enough to make a 360 change, or at least stop the lies.. smh. Doesn’t seem like it.

He says he needs time to change and transition to being committed and cut off certain relationships but I am starting to think it’s just another excuse...

how do I begin to walk away? I feel I don’t have any other choice at this point. We love each other but that’s proving not to be enough.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You will end up always having the nagging feeling of distrust when you see him on the phone or etc. Its best to not stay because it eill be extremely hard to trust him after this
    Also, its been 4 years. If he truly wanted to settle down, he would have in the meantime.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• 4 years is a long time but you need to stand up. Because he has cheated/still is, you need to say to him and yourself that. I don't see myself with him because I want to settle down and he isn't ready if he is having sex with other girls. Plus the fact that he has cheated he will be harder to trust

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes