Is it a good idea to wait for someone you care about in a relationship?

I like my best friend and I care about her so much. I first told her how I felt about her back in April and she was very appreciative and glad I told her but sadly I was a little too late and she had just started talking to someone she met online and they started dating a little after. The distance between them is pretty far tbh but anyways, when she told me about him I was pretty bummed out and upset. It was hard to deal with it at first but its gotten a lot better. They’ve been together for 5 months now. Do you guys think its worth waiting for someone you care about deeply? And last questions are, what are your opinions on long distance relationships and how long do they typically last? Thank you!
  • Worth waiting
  • Not worth

01