If guy is texting a lot less, I am initiating more and he responds but is it better to just let it go?

Met guy on a site, he was sending many messages and really like him. We love about ten hours away so have not set to meet just yet, for some reason he just stopped texting very much. Went from throughout the day and night to one or two. I really like him and would usually brush it off and move on, but I am instead initiating contact more, he does respond but at this point my feelings are super hurt. Should I try to figure out why, tell him I miss talking to him, or stop contacting him and if he does not initiate move on?

12