Should I be honest?

So I just started dating a new guy and we both really like each other. I'm having dinner at his place tonight, and I think he might want sex. I have bacterial vaginitis rn tho, so sex isn't the best idea until I finish my antibiotics-- especially because I have to take it through a vaginal gel. I don't know why but I am kind of embarrassed about it. Should I tell him what's going on?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you certainly shouldn't begin a potential relationship by being a liar!

But. . . you don't need to tell him unless it becomes apparent that he is interested in sharing some horizontal time tonight. If that happens, you say, "This is frustrating for me because I sense that you would like to be intimate with me and the feeling is very mutual, but I have an infection at the moment and the playground is closed for repairs. If you're interested a week from now, just let me know and I'll probably jump your bones! I hope you trust that I'm being honest with you because I'd really like for tonight to be special for us, but. . .."

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes u need to be completely honest .. No hiding things

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• yep thats the best thing to do if u don't it won't end good just tell him before u go for dinner

0|1
    0|0
  • If he goes for sex, you can tell him you can't have sex right now but you can try different things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him earlier on that day that you're not feeling OK. You don't want to start something you can't finish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him that you have health problems don't tell exactly what you have

0|0
    0|0
  • yes you should

0|0
    0|0
  • Say you can’t because it’s too soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, I think tell him but not too detailed! Maybe explain it in a different way? Your health and medical issues can be private

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes