Do women avoid dating divorced men?

Im 29 and going through i divorce, weve been separated for just about a year now an i feel ready to start again in the dating pool, howver it feels like whenever the women im speaking to, or reads the dating bio, finds out im seperated and gave 2 kids, its like a swutch goes off and im non long potential partner marerial. Is there any weight behind this or us it in my head? The break up was mutual and no rough feelings exist.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it’s a turn off, just because to me marriage is a scriage thing and special and I don’t believe in divorce. But everyone has unique situations obviously and sometimes the marriage is just not working out! Maybe putting that you’re divorced and have kids is putting your baggage too out there and you should hold back that information unless you’re serious wirh someone

• Thats a faur point, however, if i did hold it back, couldnt i be accused of not being honest/deceitful?

• It depends how long you hold it back! Second date is when you should be open about your children and divorce. The first date is where you’re meeting and getting to know one another on a small basis, second date is where it’s obvious there’s a clear interest and you divulge a little deeper in to each others lives. So take it off your profile and get out there! lol

• Mmmh, not a bad idea at all, ill give that a try for a bit, see what happens, thanks for the input.

Most Helpful Guy

• Younger women might be more reluctant, I would think. Some of them might not understand the intricacies involved in a divorce and not realize that divorce doesn't necessarily mean one party is flawed but rather that the two people involved might have irreconcilable differences or fallen out of love with each other. Younger women might also still have a unrealistic grasp of relationships, having grown up in a culture that tells them Happily Ever After is possible in under 2 hours and 35 minutes in a theater or on the ouch - whereas older women, who have experienced the warts of relationships, might be far more understanding of a divorced man's status given that they might have experienced it themselves, or know someone who did, or accumulated enough life wisdom to know differently.