Would you date a police officer?

My boyfriend (of 2 years) is becoming a police officer
I don't know what to think of this
I mean... I love guys in uniform lol they're hot !
But I'm abit scared now :\
They have higher chances of getting shot, etc
And I can be a target if someone hates him

Why or why not?
  • Yes I would
    Vote A
  • No I wouldn't
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Re. officer's deaths. In general, police officer's jobs are quite as dangerous as they seem at first. There are other jobs with higher death rates. Among them are: Loggers, Commercial fishermen, Aircraft pilots and flight engineers, Roofers, Trash and Recycling collectors, Iron and Steel workers, Truck Drivers and Sales Drivers, Farmers and Ranchers, Other Agricultural Managers, First Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extractors, Grounds Maintenance Workers. As you can see, police officers didn't even make the top ten most dangerous jobs. Not that being an officer isn't dangerous, but you don't have quite as much to be concerned about as it seems.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ah okay yeah you made a point
      Do they work long hours? Do you think they see their partner often?

• How many hours they work, depends on the department. If they have partners, then they would seemingly see them a lot. One disadvantage, is just like nurses, etc., police have to work some weekends and holidays.

• Really... wow. Maybe you should do some factual research on department of labor and worker death per job title. I hear fisherman is number 1 still.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have for 2 years, we recently ended things but not bc of him being a police officer. He was a great guy and an excellent police officer, I was concerned about something happening to him on the job like you are, but if you love him you need to have faith he'll be okay. Once he starts he'll reassure you that he won't put himself in situations that could harm him or end his life. If that's the path he chooses then you need to be supportive, you don't want him working with any unnecessary distractions.
    Believe me in a short time your worries and concerns will lesson, don't get me wrong it's a dangerous job that you didn't choose, you picked him and he picked the job so have faith and be his best friend, with you in his world he's not going to do anything that will jeopardize him from coming home to you when his shift is over.

0|0
    0|0
    • Can I ask how you felt about it? Do they work long hours? Did you see him often?

• I was completely okay the entire time, they can't work long hours unless they have to cover a shift due to someone not making it in bc their sick. The union FOP protect them from working too many hours straight, their not as alert and that could be dangerous.
      I want to give you a heads up on something that happened to us, me really, he was so use to people doing exactly what he said when he was working, I'm talking about those in the wrong for minor stuff like parking in a spot they shouldn't be in, all he had to say was move that car and the person would move the car without saying a word. Well he tried that shit with me, bc the job gave him the power at work, at home he was my boyfriend not a police officer. I hope I explained the point I was trying to get across.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Personally I've always just like women uniform. Mean she's passionate about something. Whether it's Justice. Or anything else under the sun. Makes a girl stand out and that she's unique.

0|0
    0|0
  • They also commit domestic abuse at 12 times the national average, and the 'thin blue line; will defend them all the way. DO NOT get involved with a cop.

1|0
    1|0
  • They love to see you shoot.

https://youtu.be/5fbXfk51R1o

0|0
    0|0
  • I would, but I spent several years voluntarily jumping out of perfectly good planes so I'm a bit off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would, they're peacekeepers of the community. Most police officer friends I've made were really cool

0|0
    0|0
  • No because I enjoy taking illegal substances

1|0
    0|0
  • No not me. I am afraid of the po po.

0|0
    1|0
  • why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • no it's a shitty job.

0|0
    1|0
  • where y'all live... compton?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would date a sexy lady policeman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, you said so yourself

You like a guy in uniform

i think you just like a guy who works

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Not against it, but there is definitely always a chance of getting the news that your husband has been shot/killed.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah thats why Im scared :( but I can't stop him from being a cop

• Yes I would - and in fact I do.

1|0
    0|0
    • Your partner is an officer?

• Yes he is.

• Can I ask how do you feel about it? Do you get scared sometimes? Do they work long hours? Do you see him often?

• No, because I hate the cops.

0|0
    1|1
  • oh yesssss

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because they're conformists
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, that would be exciting.