Which gender do you think has higher standards when it comes to dating?

• Men
  • Women
  • Both have equally high standards
    Vote C

19

Most Helpful Guys

• In reality, it's females. They are in charge of guiding human evolution due to their selectivity. We are not nearly as selective.

• Generally women, but it really depends!

If you have this check list of things that the person MUST have and it is near to impossible to have any human measure up to it, then you are doing yourself a disservice.

STORY TIME (BOY): Because boys are also crazy often :D

For example, I remember I had a friend with a high standard list:

Must have a Masters
    Must come from a good family
    Must have had status in terms of being professional with a title
    Must have cute hands and toes
    Must have a voice that is not annoying
    Must not be materialistic
    Must be patient and somewhat submissive.
    …the list went on.

Anyway I ended up introducing him to this other acquaintance of mine and they ended up chatting and went out. One day he called me and said he wanted to cut her loose because she only had an Associates and worked with her parents. I was like okay if you want to - make sure you are sure. A few weeks later, the girl called to tell me he went ghost. All I could tell her is may be she deserved better even though he was my friend. Here is the back story. She worked for her parents but was being groomed to take over the business in a few years (do not think he knew that - hadn’t given it a chance). She grew up with money and well her parents did spoil her to an extent, she still had to work for it - she had “stuff”. Bottom line is he thought she was materialistic, a baby girl for working with her parents and just because she had things he felt she was materialistic (which she was not). His prejudgment of her made him release a great catch. I am not saying there may have been some other factors but he adamantly went down this list he had. She had boyish qualities so nails were not a priority - besides she was very outdoorsy; she had a regular car but many designer backpacks; She did not dress the part I suppose of wealthy ( if you did not know her you would question if she had money), she had opinions and was smart as a whip (not submissive), and last she did not have a title although I think President in training was accurate. He was just clueless.

All I am saying is sometimes, just sometimes a stupid list puts you at a loss. There is nothing wrong with having standards but think about if you even live up to them yourself. You cannot expect sometime to meet some criteria when you do no even measure up to your own list.

• Nice story. Good luck to your friend finding his perfect one 😂😂 the girl dodged a bullet though. However I usually notice women have higher standards and see more men settling for less... Maybe because they hardly get any

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys (in general) have higher standards when it comes to looks, girls have (in general) higher standards when it comes to personality. Overall, it's about equal.