40 year old men that aren’t married?

I’ve recently met a guy - he’s 40, no kids, never been married.. my friend says he’s one to avoid, and that there’s something wrong if he’s reached that age and never settled down.

Whats everyone’s thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Would you prefer if he had two previous families that he left? Definitely not one to avoid on this basis alone. So much more needs to be answered: is he fertile? Does he like kids? Has he been taken up with something else?

1|1
    0|0
    • That’s a good way to think about it actually

• No, that's wrong. Not everyone gets married anymore, and maybe he didn't want kids even if he had the choice.
    A more interesting question is: has he been in successful long term relationships?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes he was with someone for a long time - he was in his last relationship for 8/9 years

• Sounds like he's house trained.
      Ask him about her, their relationship, and how it ended.

Most Helpful Girl

• Couldn’t the same be said for you if you’re over 30 and still dating?
    Why does there have to be a set plan that everyone has to follow and if they haven’t that there is something wrong with them? Why not form your own opinion based on what you learn from him instead?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I think that's a bit unfair to him. Maybe he had a longtime girlfriend or two instead of being married. Him not having kids is actually better for you, since you don'thave to worry about getting along with them.

I'd only be concerned here if he had never had a girlfriend or only brief relationships.

0|0
    0|0
    • Granted, they're females, but I have two longtime friends, both 44, who have never been married and I'd go out with them in a heartbeat.

• It's definitely a warning sign he might be a man-child, but every man has a different life story. Ask him about his past relationships. By 40 he should have at least made an attempt to settle down. Find out where he's been and where he's going with his life.

The most important thing is that he now has clear goals and knows what he wants. If he does, and his goals are compatible with your own, go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your friend is a idiot. Just because we don't follow the a b c of life like sheep there's something wrong with us?

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s just her opinion - probably more her experience as she had a bad experience with someone that age and similar circumstances

• I'm not far off 40. Got my own place, own business. No baggage. Any woman would be lucky to have me (except your friend 😋)

• I am 37, never married, no kids.
    Seems like I am screwed too soon.

My problem is, that I want to settle down and start a family, but I can't find a woman who looks for the same. Somehow, all my relationships only wanted to have fun, party all time and never want to get and raise children. And at that point, we broke up.
    Is that my fault or a sad trend in the dating world?

0|0
    0|0
  • have you asked him why he hasent. oeither he's being honest or he could be lying a bout it

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s too soon to ask I think

• Not every guy wants to be tied down, it's certainly becoming more common for guys to just stay single.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he doesn't want to get married maybe he has had bad luck a lot of maybes really

1|0
    0|0
  • if he's 30 and over, living on his own, and is very clean/keeps a clean place, he's gay

1|0
    0|2

What Girls Said 3

• Eventually you can ask about it, but don't right away it may come off as rude and too personal
    for now just, be friendly with him and get to know him

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is there anything wrong with him? Maybe he just hasn't met the right one and didn't wanna settle

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of my girlfriends are that age , and are not married, and they are the sweetest people you will ever meet

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes