40 year old men that aren’t married?

I’ve recently met a guy - he’s 40, no kids, never been married.. my friend says he’s one to avoid, and that there’s something wrong if he’s reached that age and never settled down.

Whats everyone’s thoughts?

410

Most Helpful Guys

• Would you prefer if he had two previous families that he left? Definitely not one to avoid on this basis alone. So much more needs to be answered: is he fertile? Does he like kids? Has he been taken up with something else?

• That’s a good way to think about it actually

• No, that's wrong. Not everyone gets married anymore, and maybe he didn't want kids even if he had the choice.
    A more interesting question is: has he been in successful long term relationships?

• Yes he was with someone for a long time - he was in his last relationship for 8/9 years

• Sounds like he's house trained.
      Ask him about her, their relationship, and how it ended.

Most Helpful Girl

• Couldn’t the same be said for you if you’re over 30 and still dating?
    Why does there have to be a set plan that everyone has to follow and if they haven’t that there is something wrong with them? Why not form your own opinion based on what you learn from him instead?