When is it time to have the relationship talk?

i‘ve been dating this guy for almost 5 weeks now and the last two weeks got even more serious like we see each other 2-3 times a week even tho we both have to work... and I even stayed st his place overnight, it almost feels like we‘re a couple but I don’t know when I should have the „talk“ with him? we both said that we enjoy each other’s company and even the day after we‘ve seen each other we‘re both starting to miss each other again... but I don’t know like maybe he just wants to take it slow, I do too but at the moment this whole „relationship“ or whatever it is is so weird to me... also bc he keeps following so many girls on Instagram which makes me doubt things... but on the other hand I know that his friends know about me & I even met some of them...

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Don't make it a direct and uncomfortable talk. Bring it up after a date or during some stupid thing you guys are laughing about and just hint the question. If he acknowledges (which 99% of the time guys do) you can have drop hints at your OWN exclusivity and he should get the hint.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems to me that you two probably should have already had the talk. Next time you see him try to figure out a time to have it. And don't worry about the Instagram girls. Just because he follows them on social media doesn't mean he's interested.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t think it’s too early to have “the talk.” It’s a good idea to chat about what you want from each other, so you don’t waste each other’s time. It was early on in our dating that I had the chat with my boyfriend. I basically told him that I am a relationship person and if we are going to be taking it further physically or what not we would need to be in a relationship with commitment. We are loving together now over a year later.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• If you know you're ready and think he might bem I'd say yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Overdue for a talk. First about what he's looking for. It's normal to have multiple check ins over the first few months, and after any period of stress or emotional distance

0|0
    0|0
  • You are no where near if he still talks to other girls and if you don't know his friends. He hangs out with them but without you so you only know some friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Geez, why do you b****** always need to have some kind of talk? If you're draining his sack on a frequent basis, he's not going to go looking for another b**** to drain it. Therefore, you are a couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop putting anything he does on social media into the equation. That's a quick way to ruin a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go have the talk with him u shouldn’t be afraid of a rejection and if he does reflect the relationship that just means that u just have to wait a bit more

0|0
    0|0
  • Instead of overthinking everything, why dont you just ask him about it?
    "So, what are we?"

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhere between anytime and never. I realize that I am of no help (There is no answer to this question) and will see myself out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think now is a fair time to speak up. Make your feelings known.

0|0
    0|0
  • First probably stop stalking him and yeah have a talk he's probably thinking the same thing

0|0
    0|0
  • When your thingy gets hard

0|0
    0|0
  • Any time you wish to

0|0
    0|0
  • when your jealousy hits its boiling point

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• As soon as you start the relationship. You just sit down with him one day and ask 'Babe, are we in a relationship?' If he says 'Yeah' then you go ahead and be like 'Then I think we should talk about a few things...' and you go ahead with the 'talk'.

1|0
    1|0
  • So I'm kinda in the same situation but I've been dating for 3 months now and I brought it up but it didn't went well as I thought it would, so just know how you say it time has nothing to do with it, it's how you feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 days

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes