Have you ever been embarassed that a potential partner focused on your looks instead of your personality and interests?

Updates:
This can also be that they were so excited about your looks that they didn't seem to care about anything else.

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Well they were never potential partners because they didn't really wanna be with me , but most of the time it's rather depressing than embarassing , looks matter to most guys and that's just how it is. Especially the guys my age and even some older guys, they cared a lot about the hottest and the best I guess for 'status' especially , even if it's just as friends.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm biased because you have some of the same interests as me (meaning I think you're great) but these guys are really losing out. They should be embarassed.

• Show All
    • Admittedly, it does make a guy look a little more attractive to potential girlfriends if he is seen with an attractive woman, and other guys notice it too (giving a guy street cred). That said, I agree that people should look at the whole person.

Because it can be quite deceptive, the amount of attention one gets from the opposite sex shouldn't be the sole determinant of whether a person is attractive.

• Well that's just life haha , lots of guys care about that kind of stuff. I dont see it as a bad thing anymore , I kind of just accepted it as a part of life that it will be happening for a long time. Sure personality is important but so many people have that they must chase the best first in case they actually land the best and hottest girl out there.

• Yeah. I had to felt that way also with a guy who asked me out, who I also had a crush on, and rejected him for that and for the weird flirting

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, and I am more than embarrassed. I feel devalued. When I am in a relationship I am a whole person and I want to be liked for all of who I am.

1|1
    0|0
  • If this is a potential partner I'm assuming the "relationship" is fairly new. I would not be embarrassed if that was the case. When people first meet they're usually drawn to them because they are attracted to them, most of the time their physical appearance is the reason. Once you get to know them better personality comes into play. That being said if we went out a bunch of times and all he did was focus on me physically I'd just ditch him and move on. It's not embarrassing though, just annoying and disappointing.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!!! I dumped him fast! After one first date!

1|2
    0|0
  • He'll no

0|1
    0|0
  • Embarrassed? More disappointed. It’s a no go.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Embarrassed, no, I know that I am an Adonis. Plus, she's only human. I can't even stop laughing at myself

0|1
    0|0
  • Embarrassed? Does not seem to be something to be embarrassed over But they probably would not be a potential partner for long

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure what to answer this question with.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes