What is your most romantic memory?

I’m an old-school hopeless romantic who hasn’t seen many nonsexual, sappy moments on GAG. What’s the most romantic memory you have?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to pick just one.

I suppose the evenings I spent with my wife at a place called Lunada Bay, stargazing by the ocean. Or the times she played the cello. Or when I proposed. Or our first official date (that's more cute than romantic, I think).

There was one romantic moment when she wasn't even in the room. When her father and I were left alone, he turned and looked and said, "She love you."

I replied, "Yes, I know."

He then replied somewhat tearfully, "No, she LOVE you." I shall remember those four haunting words forever.

Well, the world is starting to look like a Monet painting, so I'll stop.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This is certainly non-sexual except that it had been preceded by sex. The first night I slept with my boyfriend I wet the bed - and in the morning he just held me and kissed me and it just felt so right and so beautiful and non-judgemental. And it was so romantic - although I realise that most people here will, thankfully for them, be unable to identify with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think romance, at its core, is just looking for someone who will accept you. That story is just pure love. 💗

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I used to be the barman at a student bar once every 2 weeks. I always took the late Monday shift because I started to get to know that crowd more and more. As the barman, you could chose whatever music you wanted to play and I loved that about it. I could set the mood of the night to whatever I felt like at the time.

One day, I saw this girl sitting at the bar whom I'd never seen there before. As it turned out, she had just joined the student theatre group that frequented the bar every Monday. I had some small talk with her in the quiet moments throughout the night.

One by one, students left the bar.
    It started to get late now, and there were only a handful of people left, including her. As the barman, I could keep the bar open for as long as I wanted. Even though it already was 1 AM, I had no intention of closing the bar.

As I was talking with her still about some random hitchhiking trip I once did, the final group of students thanked and went on their way. This left just me and her in the now empty bar.

We decided to sit on one of the couches, since I had no reason to stand behind the bar anymore. The time flew by while neither of us really noticed. It must have been just before 4 AM when we realized how late it actually was. We both laid down on the couch just to close our eyes for a moment. We were laying down on the opposite sides of the same couch.

I'm still not exactly sure how we managed it, but we ended up in such a way where my head was resting on her legs, while her head was resting on mine. And somehow it was the most comfortable I had ever been. When I opened my eyes, I found her also looking back at me with the cutest smile I'd ever seen. While we laid there, nothing else mattered, however cheesy that may sound. It was great.
    I hope I can experience a moment like that again sometime.

1|0
    0|0
  • People have turned sex into something unimportant anymore. Kinda like scratching your back or something. It used to be so much more important than that and people weren't so slutty (guys and girls) and screwing everyone anytime they got an itch. Sex means so much more to me but I know that's kinda rare.
    My most romantic memory... hard to choose. But one that really sticks out is when I came home from college and hadn't seen my (then) girlfriend for over 4 months. We were so happy to see each other, we spent the first night together, overnight. We were just so happy to be together, we went out and ate and then went straight to my place (still living at home at the time) and straight to my room.
    All we did was cuddle and watch TV that night. No sex at all. Just wanted to be with each other.

1|0
    0|0
    • I agree. That’s why I chose to abstain until marriage: I don’t trust that someone else will value making love the way I do.

Also, I love that memory! It’s such a beautiful and simple night.

• Cooking my love dinner and then going out to see a movie and when we got home her and I made love. We then took a shower washing each other then laid down in bed and fell asleep in each other's arms.

0|0
    0|0
    • The definition of the best date EVER. 💛

• Thank you. But stuff like that was not enough to keep her. I have an addiction that was bad enough that she left me because I couldn't shake it. You may be thinking drugs and alcohol but it was not that. I love my toenails to be painted and I love heels and flats that I will wear once in a while. The flats more than the heels. Is that bad enough to get rid of some one?

• It depends on the person. Some people find it jarringly different from the norm, and might not be able to get used to it. If my boyfriend did that, I would accept it, but it would take time to get used to it. My dad used to let me paint his nails when I was little, so I‘m not fazed by the idea of guys getting mani/pedis.

• I have many but i wish if they could of just lasted...

0|0
    0|0
  • Playing spin the bottle in a school trip in a mcdonald and the bus while alle my class new but i was the only guy so i didn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • This one time I had a really nice dream and then I had to clean my sheets the next morning.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend saying a sappy song makes him think about me

0|0
    0|0
  • No thanks, those memories make me cringe

0|0
    0|0
  • I was holding hands with the guy I like earlier

2|0
    0|0
    • This is so beautifully simple - and holding hands is really romantic, and so thank you for sharing this.

• @LisaLisa89 np😊

Recommended myTakes