ARGUMENT FREE ZONE: Is there a race to which you are not attracted and, if so, is it because of conscious beliefs that you have about that race?

ARGUMENT FREE ZONE: Is there a race to which you are not attracted and, if so, is it because of conscious beliefs that you have about that race?
A racist is a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another. Prejudice is a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience. Racism is a conscious thought process which rejects members of a particular race as having less or no value because of their membership in that race.

I grew up in the US of the 1950's and 1960's but I have rejected the beliefs of racism and I don't think anyone who knows me would call me a racist. I have dated women from many different countries and cultures. I have dated women from Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Ireland, Brazil, Colombia, Philippines, India, and I am currently dating a native American girl.

I am not attracted to black women. When I see a black woman, I do not engage in any conscious thought process that excludes them from consideration for dating. I simply do not feel attracted. There is no spark, no excitement, no electricity. I cannot make myself feel attracted to someone. It is not a conscious process. The reaction is the same when I see a woman with huge boobs. I am not attracted to women with 36D and larger boobs and no amount of discussion or reflection will change that non-response. Calling me a racist because of this is incredibly arrogant and even hypocritical (because these SJW's are passing judgment on me based on a preconceived notion and not based on reason or actual experience with me.)

Are there one or more races to which you are not attracted? If so, is that a conscious decision that you make or you simply not feel attracted?

ATTENTION SJW's: This is NOT a venue for you to spout your vitriol and to prove what a wonderful non-racist person you are. If you try to turn this into a platform for your usual arguments, I will block you as soon as I become aware of your prating. If you want to preach your rhetoric, post your own question.
  • I am attracted only to members of my own race because of conscious beliefs about race
    Vote A
  • I am attracted only to members of my own race but it is not a conscious decision motivated by beliefs about race
    Vote B
  • I am attracted only to members of a race other than my own because of conscious beliefs about race
    Vote C
  • I am attracted only to members of a race other than my own but it is not a conscious decision motivated by beliefs about race
    Vote D
  • I am attracted to members of my own race and another race, but there is one race to which I am NOT attracted because of conscious beliefs about race
    Vote E
  • I am attracted to members of my own race and another race; there is one race to which I am NOT attracted but it is not a conscious decision motivated by beliefs about race
    Vote F
  • I am attracted to all races, including my own race
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I wouldn’t date black men. But it is not due to their race. I’ve noticed a behavioral tendency- they tend to be more sexist and aggressive. sorry if I sound racist. But yeah, that’s why. Most single mothers are abandoned or left by a black man whose children have stayed with the mother, for varying reasons. Most black males (that I’ve met, and that I’ve seen) are sexist and prone to be abusive.

My theory is that its due to the lower levels of education that black people tend to have. Most people who live in “the hood” are blacks.

Also, crimes. FBI Statistics: “Blacks commit violent crimes at 7 to 10 times the rate that whites do.” Blacks committed 52 percent of homicides between 1980 and 2008, despite composing just 13 percent of the population. Across the same timeframe, whites committed 45 percent of homicides while composing 77% of the population, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

www.theroot.com/.../amp

6|10
    4|2
    • This may also be due to the stereotypical phenomenon that blacks are more aggressive, thus falling into that stereotype and subconsciously carry out that expectation.

• Show All
    • @The_FallenOne It's time for you to leave for violating the post rules. Good bye!

• I have to agree with you. thats why I'm not into black guys. they are very aggressive, insecure, and abusive.

• Different racial groups of men irritate me for many different reasons.

Black men-cat call too much;too aggressive

White guys-too picky;too high maintenance;want you to look like a toothpick and eat lettuce.
    Asian guys-i like samoans

Latino men-most attracted to overall personality, looks, approach, family oriented, excellent cooks

Indian men and Arabic men-no majority see women as inferior

6|2
    1|1
    • But it doesn't mean I'm not attracted to them. its a conflict with behaviors/personality/values

• Show All
    • @older 🤦‍♂️😂😂

• You're welcome!

Most Helpful Guys

• "I am attracted only to members of my own race but it is not a conscious decision motivated by beliefs about race".

For me its literally just a lack of physical attraction, and it sucks because it limits my dating pool and i have met nice girls from other races before. Ideally if i could pick my sexuality i'd pick being pansexual so there are no boundaries in who i date and i am open to pick the best personality. But my body doesn't work like that so i only go for white girls.

0|1
    2|0
    • Most of us "come wired from the factory" and have no control over such things, which is why it is ludicrous to call someone racist for not being attracted to the PC favored minority of the month.

• Completely agree, if physical preference was racist and can simply be ignored then everyone should be straight by the same logic. The rhetoric simply does not apply to attraction.

• I'm attracted to all races with some frequency. Admittedly, I find that most of the women I date are black or mixed. I don't think it's necessarily an aesthetic choice, so much as it is a stronger connection of values.
    Class is more of an issue for me. Women who aspire to be upper-class, or who exemplify the snootier traits of said class, tend not to be my cup of tea. I'm not a materialistic person, and I cannot be in a healthy relationship with someone to whom those pursuits are paramount.
    But yeah, I find all flavors of humanity to have charm.

5|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• I'm not attracted to full black guys but i am attracted to mixed race which can be (half back half white)
    Occasionally can be attracted to Asian.
    I am attracted to Mediterranean guys.
    But mostly attracted to white.

8|9
    4|0
  • I love all races except black men. I’ve dated a few and they were all cheaters and abusers. Of course not all blacks will be like this and I wish I could find a black guy that isn’t that way but unfortunately the odds aren’t in my favor.

6|3
    2|1
  • I'm attracted to pretty much all races. I prefer to date black guys. See how that works? That's what you call preference.

Love the censoring bit at the end too. You guys love to talk about the right but act just like them. It's hilarious. But don't worry, I'll see myself out.

4|1
    2|1
  • I find a very small percentage of men "physically" attractive in general and my opinion transcends race. I am not sexually attracted to people at all, so physical appearance means absolutely nothing to me. When choosing someone to spend the rest of my life with, I only hope that they are kind, caring, considerate and have all of their teeth... which is already hard to find this day and age.

0|1
    0|0
  • F. I'm not attracted to Asian guys. I know there's nothing wrong with them, I just don't find them attractive.
    Plus, I believe that if I dated an Asian guy we wouldn't look good together.

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha "we wouldn't look good together" must be the worst reason ever

• Show All
    • I'm not Asian, I never claimed to be.

• @JesseTheMan And I didn't say you are Asian.

• I'm not attracted to my own race (black guys) and Indian guys. It's because they aren't cute to me. What attractive to me is my boyfriend who has floopy blond hair and blue eyes lol never seen a guy of the two races I listed be as cute as that.

4|3
    3|0
    • I agree with things on my side. There is just certain things im not attracted to. I have met black girls that were just absolutely beautiful but girls I've dated the most were either spaniard girls or polish. They were the ones I've seen most that have met that met everything and more of what I find gorgeous

• I wanna just list them out, not that they're not attractive but the one's I've met isn't appealing to me, Chinese, Japan, some Indians especially their character not their looks but some of them look fat, I love Black, white, Saudi, and mixed. Don't murder me for this

1|1
    2|0
  • I've been attracted to black men, Asian men, caucasian men, middle eastern, hispanics the only people I'd say i don't have any attraction towards would be indian men, i have nothing against them I've just never been attracted towards them romantically or sexually

2|1
    0|0
  • To be honest, I do not know a lot of people of different races (here isn't this much diversity as in like the US), therefore I cannot say for sure. I was attracted to some I've seen on television though, I'm not sure if this counts? ^^'

0|1
    0|0
  • I've seen attractive people in every race however I am definitely least attracted to my own people just because I am used to seeing them and we all share similar features in common but when I see someone of a different race I just... Like to see the differences and how it makes them look beautiful. I've definitely seen attractive Desi guys so in the end I got nothing against any race for now.

0|1
    0|1
  • I’m not attracted to Asians.
    I guess you can call it a conscious decision...
    I just think in general, based on all of the Asians I’ve met and seen, they look too similar to each other. A lot of them share certain physical features that I am not a fan of.
    Even past looks, I would not date an Asian who is traditional to their culture. YES I KNOW there are many different types of cultures under the umbrella “Asian”. However, I do see similarities in their belief systems and behaviors that I personally do not agree with. Unless the person was born outside of their traditional culture, I’m not even going to consider being with a Asian.
    I don’t think they are less than or anything like that. They’re just not my cup of tea sexually or romantically.

5|1
    0|0
  • I don't have a preference in looks, there attractive people of all races but I think certain cultures I'm not fond of so I tend to not be as interested in members of that culture.

2|2
    0|0
  • Im not attracted to indian men. I'm ok with African guy but not African-American. ( there're exceptions)

1|3
    2|0
    • And only find white guys with long hair ( no longer than shoulder length) attractive. Hispanic guys are cool/relatable. Arabic (Algerians) are bomb😍 but i can't date them😒

• I'm not attracted to black guys. if they are mixed black then yeah. black guys are typically too aggressive.

As for white guys I like them but they are too passive

I like Latinos and Hispanics

Not attracted to Asian guys

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm a full black guy and it sucks because many women say that about us and I immediately fall under the stereotype when it comes to other ethnicities. When it comes to black women they think I'm not aggressive enough so I strike out there. It's like I'm stuck lol.

• I am attracted to members of my own race and another race; there is one race to which I am NOT attracted but it is not a conscious decision motivated by beliefs about race.

0|1
    1|0
  • I am attracted to members of my own race and another race; there is one race to which I am NOT attracted but it is not a conscious decision motivated by beliefs about race.

0|1
    1|0
  • I’m only attracted to shades of brown. Any melinated human being. I am not attracted to caucasoids.

2|1
    0|1
  • I don't like black dudes because they've treated me like crap for the most part

2|1
    0|0
    • That doesn't mean that i don't find them attractive. I've seen some cute black guys, but for the most part, they aren't attractive to me

• They're way too aggressive

• I would not attraction to bad boys I am only attraction to nerd what I prefer. everyone has a different attraction. It all depends if they liked dogs

0|1
    0|0
  • For me its more about skin color.. well i more attracted to guys with white skin...

0|2
    1|0
  • I find all races attractive. However, I would only date or marry someone of my own race.

0|1
    1|0
  • Black men are a definate no for me. in my experience they are insecure, aggressive, and rude.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm attracted to men who have a cute face and are taller than me so technically all races.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I would not want to not be with someone just because they’re a certain race. Pretty sure there’s someone somebody finds attractive in ALL races

0|1
    0|0
  • no i comfortable for any race

0|2
    0|0
  • I consider myself very lucky to have grown up around a lot of diversity and people from other countries. There was a lot more acceptance by people of whom you were dating in my social circles. It has always been much more about the actual person vs. the color of their skin, race, or religion for me and my friends. It has to be much more about who they are as a person because skin color/race doesn't make you someone I want to date...that's just a label put on you by society. Who you are as a person makes you dateable or not to me.

However, I also don't think it's fair to just label someone a racist because they don't want to date outside their own race. Maybe they grew up in a small town or a really conservative one where everyone has to just do xyz and date x or they get shunned or whatever or they only grew up around X race so that formed their ideals of what beauty/attraction were.

It also I think has to do with social stigma. If you're told the stereotypes about a certain race, some can't get past that and choose instead to pre-judge the entire race by only what they've heard vs. experience actually getting to know a person. I never want to limit myself in such a way in friendships or in the dating world because I think a lot of people miss out due to preconceived notions about other people rather than reality.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm an Indian Girl, I'm not into dating or hooking up or relationships or marriage, not attracted to anyone in general as far as dating is concerned, not attracted to any particular date sexually either, nor do I dislike any but intellectually, I don't like majority men of my own country & I don't know what's up here but majority girls of my country settle for a dating partner below their levels (especially looks)...

0|1
    1|0
  • I personally would date almost anyone as long as the attraction and chemistry is there.

2|1
    0|0
    • Everyone would date someone to whom they were attracted. That really doesn't answer the question that was asked.

• I typically date white guys, and I don't find most black guys attractive physically. I don't think its a conscious belief.

• I'm attracted to most races but not all countries of origin within a race. For example, I'm a Chinese, and I'm fine with an Asian man, but I'm not attracted to Chinese men, unless they're Americanized.

I work out a lot, and my brain isn't wired to be attracted to skinny guys. Don't get me wrong. Many of those skinny guys are very intelligent, and I don't ask for a muscular man who's one of the fittest on Earth, with 6 packs, but I need to be emotionally, intellectually, physically and sexually attracted to a man.

My attraction to a man mostly depends on the physical attraction and chemistry at first glance, but not so much the race.

To @OlderAndWiser, I think that "race" is too broad, so I think that you would need to have dated an Asian woman like Chinese to fairly say that you've dated different countries and cultures, since there are a lot of Chinese population in this multicultural country in addition to Filipinos and Indians (I'm assuming that you're in the U. S. as well)

2|2
    0|1
  • I’m not attracted to Indians at all what so ever but I have nothing against them

4|4
    0|0
    • I agree, i am one and i find it repulsive. Brown skin is ugly, people assume your cultural. There's literally no upside. And most indian girls want white guys anyway. i mean look at the picture chosen.

• Show All
    • I mean, I didn't think that I was going to be attracted to an Indian man, but then my boyfriend is an Indian, and we've been together for over half a year, and I like him the way he is ☺️

I wasn't consciously processing his race in my mind, but just the way that we connected through conversations, and our common interests

• But I'm an Asian as well, just from different cultural background

• Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 58

• No, I am attracted to all races

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not attracted to anyone of my own race. There are some exceptions but it's like below 1%. It's also unconscious. I don't find very many attractive, I don't like the culture cause it contradicts my interests and identity. Not into the slight southern accent etc.

3|1
    1|0
    • It's just my preference and upbringing so I don't really care who judges me.

• ARGUMENT FREE ZONE: Everyone needs to agree... the antithesis of this platform, and direct opposition to free speech.

My attraction isn't dependent upon race

2|1
    0|0
    • "ARGUMENT FREE ZONE: Everyone needs to agree... the antithesis of this platform, and direct opposition to free speech." WRONG!!! ARGUMENT FREE ZONE: Please feel free to candidly respond without fear of being attacked by the usual SJW's on the prowl. I do not need to provide a forum for others to attack people. Your understanding of First Amendment rights needs some further development.

• Thanks, I'll continue to examine the architecture of First Amendment freedoms. You should reconsider this bizarre application of the word "argument"

• I think the only race I have issues with have been maybe Japanese or Chinese women. Not all Asians. It's nothing to do with attractiveness because I enjoy looking. But when a woman sounds like she is crying is a huge turn off. The other thing is some of them can't handle above average endowment. I'm not into hurting women

3|1
    0|0
  • Generally speaking im significantly more attracted to members of my own race. That's not to say there aren't members of other races that I find attractive but if you showed me 10 random women from each race, chances are that id find more white women attractive than any other race.

0|2
    1|0
  • I have never been a racist person and never will be. I have seen beautiful women of all races and in the pics they are beautiful but what is inside you can not see in a pic. The inside of a person is where I find true beauty. You could look like a super model and have an attitude that will make you look like a pig. I am colorblind literally and figuratively speaking.

1|2
    0|1
  • I really don't care. All races have beautiful women. There aren't that many though that care for guys like me though lol I've dated all races though from many different places, Australian, Russian, Indian, West Indian, Trinidadian, Puerto Rican Dominican etc etc

2|1
    1|0
    • The world isn't as progressive as everyone thinks. Even if women date outside of their race it's just with white guys.

• I'm attracted to women of all colors, and most shapes and sizes, some more than others.
    I don't know if I've seen women from every race, creed and tribe, but I know I've seen ugly people and beautiful people from all around the world.

2|1
    0|0
  • Weird, but practically all Indians
    I am not attracted to other Indian women..
    Problem isn't with their beauty!
    They are beautiful..
    But the dress they wear..
    I am repulsed,
    Any Indian girl in shirts shorts jeans with top seems 10 times hotter to me than in Saree or gown.
    Maybe it's just madam in school who beaten insulted and scolded me were wearing those clothes.. So I have begin to hate them all together...

0|1
    0|0
  • actually i like specific features like big eyes and other features so if A person is not owing those features in most cases i will not be attracted towards her so to me features means A lot than race for attraction

0|1
    0|0
  • There are attractive women of all "races" as far as I know. Don't know why I'd be more attracted to a specific race. If we're talking about the attractiveness of a person I care about how they look, not their race.

1|1
    0|0
    • So many people in this thread are overanalyzing and going into cultures and shit. I thought this is just supposed to be about looks and not culture, which is separate from race.

• I'm a positive human being that absorbed everything I can get my mind to and it's really making me very excited about life it self is way better than ever so becoming a positive person embraces all races 😀😀😀.

1|1
    0|0
  • I mostly date White women (women of my own race) probably because of cultural similarities, but I am sexually and physically attracted to women of any race. I find the female figure beautiful.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm attracted to people of my own race. That's not a choice, I don't believe other races are inferior to mine. I just don't find other races as attractive as my own. (White/Caucasian)

1|1
    0|0
  • I am attracted to women of all races. Certain beliefs might be a turn off. Other than that, if i think she's pretty, or decent, or breathing, i wouldn't mind other nationalities.

0|1
    0|0
  • Namekians.
    But I am turned on by klignon women and Vulcans

0|1
    0|0
    • Not having much luck with Earthlings?

• Show All
    • I understand that you have your own preferences and that’s okay, so do I, I just think it’s not fair to generalize so many people based on a few. Middle east isn’t just Saudi Arabia and it has so many different cultures. Also a lot of people do plastic surgery in almost every country out there, middle easterns have just been stereotyped; but I guess you might be right to some extent.

• Yes I know that's why I said it might just be me, as in there's something wrong with my opinion but I don't have anything to do with middle Easterns since me speaks fluent Arabic 😎

• I don't think I would call it "racist" as I would just describe it as "preference."

Birds of a feather flock together.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just don't dig black chicks. Too much attitude from what I've seen. The white boy just likes the "easier" to deal with white women.

1|2
    5|0
  • The colour of a woman's skin doesn't matter to me. Unhealthiness and a shitty personality are some of the things that will definetly repel me.

1|2
    0|0
  • The only race I can say im not attracted to is indian women. Obviously there's execptions but generally they just aren't attractive to me. I am however most attracted to African women.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm white. I'm mostly attracted to black, Mediterranean, Persian and Hispanic women.

Not really into Asian and white women, to be honest.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm pretty much attracted to every race except for one. Even then there's occasionally a girl that is an exception to that.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm mostly attracted to white girls
    I tend to not like black girls. I love Asian girls
    and I HATE puertorican women

0|2
    3|0
  • to judge people of being racist Cuz in ability of attraction is invaild i don't have attraction to blacks or Asians or any ethnicity despite im arabic 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I can be attracted to any race and my dating/sexual history reflects that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont care about race, if she's my type, imma marry her

2|1
    0|0
  • I like to touch myself. Does that mean that I m attracted to my own race?

3|1
    0|0
  • I think it's all well and good saying what you're attracted to like me for instance I'm most likely attracted to every race I was gonna exclude Indians until I realized I dated someone who was half Indian and I didn't even know it till later on into the relationship but I think culture is a big subconscious thought we do as you can like how someone is physically, emotionally etc... but chances are unless they were brought up in your country they're gonna be wired differently mentally, they are gonna express love differently, respect differently and just sometimes two cultures just don't mix that well in general in life but that's mainly down to misunderstanding I think.

1|1
    0|0
  • Im only attracted to women of my own race but it's not not a concious decision motivated by beliefs about race.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you’re a nice person and you think I’m cute then I don’t really care what race you are

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes