Would overbearing parents be a relationship killer for you?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• no, it would be difficult as I have been in a situation like that before and earning their trust I know is expected but when you give no reason for them to be distrusting of who you are it can be difficult on the relationship and both parties involved

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect to date a fully independent adult. It's fine if she's supportive of her parents but if she were breaking plans because her mother called, I would be done.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, just broke up with my ex over this exact issue. His mom was a total pain and he wouldn't stand up to her

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• No but I should answer this as the parent. I went through it and if the boy couldn't get past me, they didn't go out. I turned away bout 30, ... lol. It paid off, she's married to a cop & she is an attorney... lol... ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž

0|0
    0|0
  • Overbearing parents mean they have done something wrong in there past most parents want whats good for there kids and that means the matters of the heart as well put yourself in their shoes and really think about what that parent is thinking

0|0
    0|0
  • ... If she let them be intrusive into her life, yeah, it would.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Why would I care about a girls overbearing parents? As long as sheโ€™s not allowing them to make her decisions... if she is then yes itโ€™s a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex left me citing the reason that her family were against me. This could be crucial depending if your SO takes a stand for you and explain his/her family

0|0
    0|0
  • I could deal with it as long as I didn't have to see them often.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not in a relationship with parents. If she makes it an issue, then it's a problem with her not the parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuckkkkkkk yeahhhhhhh

0|0
    0|0
  • idgaf about her parents.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i dont think so

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course