Would overbearing parents be a relationship killer for you?

315

Most Helpful Guys

• no, it would be difficult as I have been in a situation like that before and earning their trust I know is expected but when you give no reason for them to be distrusting of who you are it can be difficult on the relationship and both parties involved

• I expect to date a fully independent adult. It's fine if she's supportive of her parents but if she were breaking plans because her mother called, I would be done.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, just broke up with my ex over this exact issue. His mom was a total pain and he wouldn't stand up to her