Would you date someone who’s type is totally not you?

Say they claim to be attracted to you, but you know for fact that their type is a totally different race and body type. Would you take a risk and date them even though you know you’ll NEVER be their ideal, and they might leave you for their type one day.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You don't know that you aren't their type. I know people who thought they knew their type, then met one person who turned it on its head. If he says he's attracted to you, then go for it. Treat it like any other relationship. If it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he's going outside of his "type", this means you are probably damn sexy and probably pretty good in bed. This drastically changes a man's perspective. You rocked his world so hard you changed his brain chemistry, congrats.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I find people who have a very spesific type kind of weird, tbh. Because I've never had such a type. I also don't know how I could know what other people's type is, so I wouldn't pay any attention to something like that when choosing a partner. So yes, I would date someone who told me they found me attractive regardless of what their "type" is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had this problem with my current partner as his type is the total opposite of me. Not gonna lie, it led to fights because I was insecure and paranoid (I mean there are things I can't change like height).
    But sooner or later i realized it's just me he likes and he even told me that's what types are, you have a type until you meet someone who you just completely fall in love with and you realize you're not into these girls at all, and you don't need to have a stupid type.
    So that made me a bit more confident, and our relationship is better than ever.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• If it's just race and Body type, sure, if we're compatible in Terms of personality and interests.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just got out of a relationship with a girl who was not my type, psycologicly speaking.
    Being very different people doesn't have to be a bad thing. But it's rare to see that kind of relationship last too long

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You’ll never be anyone’s ideal, even if you’re there type. It’s a mistake to think that you will. Take them at their word.

1|0
    0|0
  • of course, not. That will result in losing interest later on. lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know exactly what you are saying - Not a great believer that "Types" are cast in concrete so I would consider taking the gamble a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't try to judge what a girl's "type" might be. If she likes me, I would definitely date her. If it goes bad, I'll have a "bad date" story.

0|0
    0|0
  • Opposites attract like north pole south pole enjoy its a wild ride and u won't forget dont get attached its just fun

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would I date someone who I knew would leave me one day? What’s the point?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll rock their world so hard *I'LL* become their ideal type ;P

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is created different. But sometimes you have to try new things. You only live once.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, but i wouldn't be thinking of marriage when asking her...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, but don't deny yourself what you like.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I find them attractive and interesting sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • No out of the question

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, not worth the hassle and pain

0|0
    0|0
  • Um no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • It depend how other person actually is

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • If that bothers you are you sure you want to take the perverbial leap? Couples come in all shapes and sizes it's the risk we all take nowadays unfortunately

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I don't really think types work that way. Sure, there are some types of people that someone may tend to be attracted to, but there are always exceptions. I think it's more individual qualities that make up the whole person, than a pre set image in someone's head that they are always searching for.

0|0
    0|0
  • If their type is not me and they're trying to date me it either means they're desperate as hell or they really like my personality or something else about me. Depending on which 'vibe' I sense from them , I would give them a chance unless it's out of desperation then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has a type. But people keep going after the same type when it’s clearly not working out. As long as he still finds me attractive, I don’t think it will bother me. I’ve dated guys who weren’t my type physically but was still attracted to them and they treat me so much better than my actual type.

0|0
    0|0
  • Before the heartbreaks, I used to think it was possible. These days, it's better to date someone like me. (Even though I've shunned dating)

1|0
    0|0
    • Ps. Race&body type do not matter to me.
      Personality and values does matter to me.

• I sort of did and it didn't end well at all. So nope, never again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I've been a date with a persone like that, it was little weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • No
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i've been a lot of times

0|0
    0|0
  • You only live once so duh

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, would be great for at least once in life..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes