Has anybody dated a gamer?

I am a non gamer and I have this guy who plays pokemon that likes me. Can anyone share their experiences with dating a gamer.

Thanks!

2246

Most Helpful Guys

• Pokemon? Like on his phone? Please don't call him a gamer unless he plays games that are not meant for passing time on a phone. He'd be a gamer if he play games for a proper gaming experience.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just feel like there's a huge difference between games meant to give you an experience and games that are just... time killers. 😅

• Simply put, relationships take time, and so can gaming. If you like him back, you can give it a shot, but try to set a boundary to have enough together time with him to avoid him losing himself (and ultimately you) in his games. Games are great addictives, which is why many people are either full-time gamers or hardly gamers at all.
    That being said, there are tons of games you can play multiplayer and he's probably very enthusiastic about his games, so you can try to find a game you both like that you can play together. I did this with my last girlfriend, and it really helped connect us. (We split because we were simply incompatible, but I think we lasted for half a year because of games.)
    Bottom line, it can both connect and divide you, and the trick is to find a common ground in gaming if there is one, or to have him abstain from gaming enough to save the relationship.

Most Helpful Girls

• It's AWESOME cause i play as well, i rather be with a guy that is all about God, family, me, work & plays video games then being with a guy that club & be on social media 24/7 & drink & smoke a lot & is also a cheater , as long as he have time for me & cut off the game when i wanna have a conversation or go out then it is not a problem, You should try & get involved into video games as well like a ps4 or xbox, nintendo switch & when you out at a doctors appointment or something have some games downloaded on your phone in case it's a lot of people & your getting bored 😏.

• Depends on why he likes the games, honestly. Like first of all, when ever you date somebody that is really passionate about something you gonna spend less time as a couple, for me thats great because i got my own passion so i love having all that free time.

Second thing about gaming. My boyfriend loooooves League of Legends, he even took me to some Championship game couple years ago, i dunno anything about the game really, but that was still fun though. So him beeing a gamer doesn't mean that he stays at home all time or sth like this. He just goes to conventions that you have no clue about maybe :D