Has anybody dated a gamer?

I am a non gamer and I have this guy who plays pokemon that likes me. Can anyone share their experiences with dating a gamer.

Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Pokemon? Like on his phone? Please don't call him a gamer unless he plays games that are not meant for passing time on a phone. He'd be a gamer if he play games for a proper gaming experience.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just feel like there's a huge difference between games meant to give you an experience and games that are just... time killers. 😅

1|1
    0|1
  • Simply put, relationships take time, and so can gaming. If you like him back, you can give it a shot, but try to set a boundary to have enough together time with him to avoid him losing himself (and ultimately you) in his games. Games are great addictives, which is why many people are either full-time gamers or hardly gamers at all.
    That being said, there are tons of games you can play multiplayer and he's probably very enthusiastic about his games, so you can try to find a game you both like that you can play together. I did this with my last girlfriend, and it really helped connect us. (We split because we were simply incompatible, but I think we lasted for half a year because of games.)
    Bottom line, it can both connect and divide you, and the trick is to find a common ground in gaming if there is one, or to have him abstain from gaming enough to save the relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's AWESOME cause i play as well, i rather be with a guy that is all about God, family, me, work & plays video games then being with a guy that club & be on social media 24/7 & drink & smoke a lot & is also a cheater , as long as he have time for me & cut off the game when i wanna have a conversation or go out then it is not a problem, You should try & get involved into video games as well like a ps4 or xbox, nintendo switch & when you out at a doctors appointment or something have some games downloaded on your phone in case it's a lot of people & your getting bored 😏.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on why he likes the games, honestly. Like first of all, when ever you date somebody that is really passionate about something you gonna spend less time as a couple, for me thats great because i got my own passion so i love having all that free time.

Second thing about gaming. My boyfriend loooooves League of Legends, he even took me to some Championship game couple years ago, i dunno anything about the game really, but that was still fun though. So him beeing a gamer doesn't mean that he stays at home all time or sth like this. He just goes to conventions that you have no clue about maybe :D

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• We are mostly normal. Some of us use it as a tool for procrastination. Some of us play for fun and some use it because they have a shitload of free time with nothing better to do. Well, I'm the 3rd one so yeah. Most of us will play less when we have other things to do. Its like watching TV or reading books its not different, we just choose to play instead of reading or watching TV...

0|0
    0|0
  • If he just plays the one game, that doesn't really qualify him at a gamer.
    Gamers have passion for the games they play, sometimes bordering on addiction. And if it's a phone game it really doesn't count at all.

0|2
    0|0
  • Haven't had the luck but i would love to since i am a gamer myself.
    If you where to date me expect me wanting to spend some time at the computer after work and just do my thing alone, after that i am all yours.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I am someone who plays video games too, but she was way too much. I wanted to yell at her sometimes my fucknig life is more important than just turning around games.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a non gamer you will get bored, and feel frustrated. He will spend most of his waking hours playing games, and you will feel ignored. If you were a gamer, then you would probably be alright with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a gamer, and pokemon is one of my faves. Gamers are just like everyone else, we just enjoy living in other worlds while in this one. If you find him to be a nice guy and interesting, just ask him what his favorite games are. Ask about hobbies. Gamers can be fun interesting people, some are shy, others are outspoken. Since he likes you he will already want to talk, he will ask you about lots and probably relate it to games.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a gamer, dating a gamer, and it's not as complex as people think. They're still people, just people with a hobby.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder if he plays other games too?
    Bc just with pokemon, you're just a guy with a smartphone...

I was a hardcoregamer, means I played 18 hours daily (with an mothly income direct from playing)... thats a gamer...

0|0
    0|0
  • My closer friend likes to game, and his girlfriend didn't do so till she started dating him.

What she did is playing games that she likes. For example she likes misteri puzzle games, and platform games.

0|0
    0|0
    • I also like to game, but only with other people. For me it would be perfect if someone was with me solving puzzle or point and click games, or playing some horror games. Those are perfect to play with someone else.

• Yes and i am one, experiences were fun and varied interests where we had a mutual shared interest and but also our own separate ones also

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait does he only play pokemon then he is not a gamer.
    Also i don't personally think a none gamer and gamer can work but if he would choose you over games then it might work anything is possible.

0|0
    0|1
  • GOLDEN RULE
    Dont call his games "kids toys" or anything like that, to him they are a fun hobbie or a good distraction from stress.

0|2
    0|0
  • Some people like virutal world. But much are good they like mobile game not play with people life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a gamer but I never dated anyone, but I still know it’s just like dating any other guy unless he is addicted to the point wear gameing is all he does which is rare but it happens

0|0
    0|0
  • I did once when her & I were in our early 20s, but she broke up with me for different reasons. Nothing related in the gaming world.

0|0
    0|0
  • It won't be a problem unless he starts not having sex with you cause he is playin fortnite or something

0|0
    0|0
  • Playing Pokémon does not mean he’s a gamer lol football players play Fortnite so are they gamers too?

1|0
    0|0
  • as with every other hobby, you gotta figure out what place you have in their live and if you wanna fit that place.

0|0
    0|0
  • What'll be his priority; Pokemon or You?
    If it is Pokemon, immature.
    If its you, go for it.

You are welcome

0|0
    0|0
  • Pokemon? That's not a gamer. That's just a dude with an app 🤷.
    If it's just one game he will grow tired of it, at least I hope.

0|0
    0|1
    • there were pokemon games before pokemon go

• Show All
    • you're an elitist bitch. That's literally the same as getting made because you don't consider people of certain races to be people.

you: "Pokemon isn't a fighter so it's not a game"
      "me: it is a game, just a different one"
      you: "NO ACCEPT MY OPINION YOU"RE IGNORANT."

• I'm a gamer and most of us are normal guys who don't let it get in the way of life its a fun hobby that's all

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure it's like dating a jock. Ya know. Someone who plays sports

0|0
    0|0
  • How is dating a gamer different from dating anyone else?

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a lot of ignorant stupid people alright. There's way more Pokemon games than just Pokemon go. There's even tournaments for the ds games, so I don't know what people are talking about.

by the way there's plenty of games on the phone that's not just quick and casual. In fact I'm pretty sure mobile gaming will soon completely kill all handheld gaming devices.

Anyways just try to show some interest if you like him. You don't have to be a hardcore gamer, in fact with people attending college and working I'd say most people around your age are casual gamers anyways.

If he doesn't have a job and is gaming all the time that's when I would be concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like at least one game he likes you'll be fine

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated gamer girls and I now see them as overrated

0|0
    0|0
  • gamers may give more attention to their games they are completely into it so be careful

0|0
    0|0
  • What kind of experience? They like to game. Others like to make sport or whatever and they play PC

0|0
    0|0
  • He actually looked long enough from the game to see if he likes you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• I used to. There were no problems at all! It was cute when we played together and he used to teach me what he knew. It turned me on that he was so passionate about it. Call me crazy but I found it to be a very romantic relationship.

When he was proud of me for doing something good, he would make out with me and it would get really passionate.

Date a gamer! 😂❤

1|0
    0|0
  • Games are really fun! My boyfriend and I play them together fairly often. We are both pokemon fans as well. For your boyfriend its a hobby and you really dont need to worry unless he uses it to avoid life and ignore you. There are games out there to suit almost anyone taste, I'm sure he would appreciate you taking an intrest, but at the very least would just want you understand something he likes to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Almost every one of my boyfriends so far was a gamer, and since I'm one myself there weren't any problems at all.
    I won't really call someone who only plays pokemon a gamer though xD Its like calling someone a reader just because he read the Harry Potter books once.

0|1
    0|0
  • If all he plays is Pokémon he's not a gamer.

However, I've dated a gamer and it's no different than dating someone who isn't a gamer... and if they really like you they'll either pause their game, or unplug from like playing with people online so they can talk to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did but I am a gamer too ! It was really funny playing games together. If you like to watch your phone, listen to music or read books you can do that when he's playing so that you have your own personal space !

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s impossible to date a gamer because they’re already dating the game. I wouldn’t waste my time I would’ve been up and out. Fast.

0|0
    0|1
  • Well playing Pokemon go is nice if you like to walk and go to places. Together

0|0
    0|0
  • Gamer play more then one games. Depending on typed of gaming. I have played lot of videos games that I did tried eg Plant VS Zombies, Sims 4 and my current video game is Splatoon 2

0|0
    0|0
  • Gamers aren't that different when it comes to dating. But sometimes they'll get very wrapped up in their games so you'll have to be respectful and patient with your gamer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ahh lol cringed a little 😂

My ex boyfriend and I both were gamers, we're just normal people lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend plays video games all the time I think it’s ad

0|1
    0|0
  • Well my boyfriend loves games so honestly just support him and like try to be open to learn about his games and don't make him give them up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most dudes game.. i tend to get clingy when he games cause i feel like he's not giving me enough attention :p

0|0
    0|2
  • I currently am.
    And now, because of him, I too am I gamer.

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend is a super gamer, he's playing WoW as I speak, I initially didn't know he was one, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It's actually pretty funny to watch him get super excited for new releases and such for games. I'm not a gamer like him but I still find it good to actually ask about games he likes and try them out for myself so we're on common ground. The only con about being with a gamer is that sometimes they put their games first and it can get lonely, but as long as you communicate with them, it'll help balance it out

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m dating one right now 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • It helps that I am a gamer. And yes I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have once

0|0
    0|1
  • Be prepared to receive 30% attention from them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes