Why do nice guys always get put on the back burner?

1743

Most Helpful Girls

• Because these nice guys usually have character flaws that are actually off-putting, but, for some reason, they assume it's "niceness." Half of the time, these guys aren't even really that nice. I've had countless "nice guys" flip a switch on me as soon as I say I'm not interested and call me all kinds of names and have even threatened me.

• @ronaldo75 NICE GUY ALERT!

• Honestly you just made the point more valid.

• Because girls prefer Bad boys and then complain about it... 😊 that's the reality

• Are you guilty of this yourself?

• Or Maybe just maybe, the term 'nice guy' is used by boys who think that women are supposed to fall at their feet because they show a bit of kindness. A bad boy isn't as enticing as it sounds. Guys made that up to explain why they are left in the dust. I have never seen anyone chase after a bad boy. - A modern woman.

• @AquaBoo "Or Maybe just maybe, the term 'nice guy' is used by boys who think that women are supposed to fall at their feet because they show a bit of kindness." - MAYBE... no one is suggesting that.

Most Helpful Guys

• They don't really. Women actually like nice guys. The question is whether they really are nice or not.

A lot of guys who have never been in a relationship claim to be nice, and think they would treat a girl "right". But if they've never been in a relationship, they realistically have no idea how they'd act. They claim to be nice, without ever putting it to the test. They've never tested it with all the emotions that fly around in a relationship. People aren't normally exposed to those kind of emotions and situations anywhere else.

A lot of guys also think that being "nice" means being a pushover. They are not aggressive enough to get a girl. They think being aggressive is not being nice, so they don't do it. There is certainly such a thing as being overly aggressive, but just sitting back waiting for something to happen, without going after it probably won't work.

• Because they're trying too hard to be someone that they're usually not. Stop being a "nice guy" and just be yourself. If you're naturally kind and empathetic, be that way. If you don't really give a damn for random strangers, be that way. Just stop putting on an act to get laid. It's pathetic and weak.

For example, I don't consider myself to be a nice guy. However, most women have labeled me as a good guy. The thing is though, I didn't try to be a "good guy." Most of the time, I'm just a laid-back, sarcastic dick who enjoys being helpful. I don't care too much if someone doesn't like me because the opinions of insignificant, random strangers is unimportant