My boyfriend is leaving me on read after a ‘fight’ what shall I do?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for a while but the thing is that he is my bff’s ex and I told her today and she got all mad and stuff and in the rush of the moment I told her that I wanted to tell her but he didn’t I wasn’t trying to tell her that I was trying to explain it kind of more like “we had an agreement and I wasn’t supposed to tell but I wanted to so I did” and now she told him and I think he is mad but he is leaving me on read (his phone is broken it still works but it’s kind of broken) I sent him another message now but I think he is mad by the way she explained it which was the way I explained it but I wasn’t trying trying to say it in that way please help

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The question is, why would you break the girl code? Dating your BFF’s ex is a no no? I would’ve had to drop you as a friend if I’m being honest here.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Just leave him, him ignoring is passive aggressive behavior. If he hasn't the balls to talk to about it. Just ignore back, and let him get back to you.

Honestly you shouldn't waste your time, with people who make you feel shit about yourself.

4|1
    0|1
  • so much drama these relationships are... I'm so glad I have a sex robot and no women in my life. It is so peaceful and calm.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gather the self discipline to just not say anything. If he cares enough to fix the issue, he will reach out after he’s calmed down. Only then can you explain everything in any sense of clarity from his end.

1|1
    0|0
  • 1 - breathe. He's the one dating his ex's bff. He might have reason to be mad that it came out like this, but not to expect you to never tell her. So he SHOULD cool off and recognize that this isn't 100% on you... Or at the very least recognize that he's lucky to be with you and he doesn't want to screw that up.

2 - you're young, this drama stuff happens. Try to remember that he's a young guy... and thus a bit of an idiot (I was one too). He may have no earthly idea how to handle this. Just be prepared to possibly lose a friend over this... or to be chatting with her in a few months about how much of a jerk he is together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Give him space, call him later, if you're wrong apologize. if he is wrong talk it out calmly so that he can get to the conclusion that he was wrong and he can then apologize

0|0
    0|0
  • The messaging thing is a joke. Pick up the phone and call - have a real live adult conversation. I know, a foreign concept.
    And don't fight. EVER.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'd ignore the call if I was annoyed so she'd still have this question lol

• @heyyyyy69 - bottom line is a woman acts like a cunt and then can't understand why her guy won't talk to her. Clueless I tell ya. LOL

• Oh wait... profile says, 'under 18'. All bets are off. Not ready for dating yet, she's just a kid.

• First you should've got with him and asked why he doesn't want her to know

1|1
    0|0
  • Ok how old is he and BFF and depends on what you want make sure no matter what that your happiness is more important

0|0
    0|0
  • There should be no reason for you to hide it in the first place, unless he is ashamed or trying to do something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him till he calms down

0|0
    0|0
  • Love who loves you

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• You posted this already, and he hasn't said he's leaving you. He just hasn't answered your text message.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think I’ve posted this already (maybe it posted 2x) but no he hasn’t said that he is leaving me my bff and I are on talking terms and she said that he isn’t mad but I don't know

• Then why are you asking why he's leaving you if he hasn't stated he's leaving you?

• I’m not I’m Just worried that my boyfriend is mad even tho my friend said he isn’t because he left me on read (the title is kind of clickabiting tbh )

• He’s being very dramatic. Leave him be but let him know that you’re ready to chat when he is. But give yourself a deadline (a day, a few days or a week- whatever your comfortable with). Then if he hasn’t talked to you then you need to break the silence and open up the opportunity for a conversation. Communication is key in any relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Let things Cool down and then Try and Message him again. After this just Wait and See. However, let this be a Little Lesson in Love to Keep Quiet about your own Business in the Future. It gets Complicated with a "BFF's Ex" as you have Now Somehow found out.
    He will be Back if he is Not Whack. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • this happened to me in college. they are using you like a pawn. he prob does like you, but i bet he likes her better... a d if she is a narcissist her "goal" is to get self satisfaction out of knowing he dumped you because he's still hung up on her. because if she were your real friend she wouldn't feel the need to communicate with him any more. she ain't your friend. drop her. you'll thank me later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much drama to advise u to do something about it. I don't know what kind of a best friend you are but it was wrong To date him in the first place and she has all the right to be mad. Now that she told him - that's petty and dramatic, and his response is also dramatic but it's just wrong to begin with. You wouldn't have kept it a secret if it wasn't wrong.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. Too much drama to deal with. Wait for things to settle down.

• That is tacky dating your BFF's ex. It's like a stab in the back and probably makes you look like you just couldn't wait to move in for the spoils. It's also an unwritten rule to let a person get over their last relationship before they start a new one, because it just makes you the rebound person. If you can't keep agreements don't make them because you lose all trust and credibility when you do that with the other person.

3|0
    0|1
  • Best thing to do is occupy yourself. My boyfriend does it to me too. Do not send him a bunch of messages. It’ll just feed into his ego.

1|0
    0|0
  • Coming from a girl; leave him alone... he is trying to cool and don't need you messaging him like crazy, he will message you when he is ready.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry. Prioritize yourself and try to get your mind off him othereisr he will think your running back fast and he can end up using it to a advantage at a point

0|0
    0|0
  • I probably would have mentioned to my bff that I was going to date a guy she dated. And she should not be contacting him at all!

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont beg him just relax and let him get over it if he doesn't we'll it is a win for you

0|0
    0|0
  • This post is a maes, so it's this situation. Did you tried cleaning?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes