Why are girls blamed for liking tall guys, but guys aren't for prefering short women?

Isn't it a bit unfair?

321

Most Helpful Guys

• Guys in general don't prefer short wormen. They prefer *shorter* women. Women on the other hand tend to not just prefer taller men but rather have the attitude along the lines of "6ft+ or gtfo". You can see this in their bios and various comments they make. This is treated as acceptable. However, GOD FORBID a guy say that he doesn't want women that's overweight and the fury be upon him. That's unfair.

• I was just stating that height has a bigger impact than weight does, thats all.

• at least if we're not talking about obesity here but just a few extra pounds.

• I would imagine it's just because women, in general seem to care more about their partner's height, than guys do.

There are plenty of guys out there who like short girls, sure; I'm one of them, but that doesn't mean I won't dateva taller girl, as well. Most guys are fine with it, provided she's shorter than they are. Anything else is just preference.

Height, for males, though, seems to be a more desireable trait. It's closer to being a requirement, than just a preference. If all the shorter women pursue the taller guys, then there's less to go around, for the taller women. If a tall guy goes for a short girl, then other guys just go for the taller women. It doesn't bother men as much.

• But thats the thing, most girls also just want guys who are taller than themselves. But they are still shamed for that although its just natural, just like it is for guys.

• Well I really don't know how common this is, but I did met a few guys with a height requirement, like a female above 5'8 isn't a girl but a dude with tits. And these were guys who were pretty tall themselves. Therefore yes, both does exist.

• Oh, I'm sure it goes both ways. It's likely more common in some areas, than in others. Just because I don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course.

Essentially, I don't know the real reason it happens, or if there even is one. My opinion is really just a theory, nothing more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they haven't seen hot women who are short such as this girl.

• Uhm... they sure did, thats why they love short women? xD

• @passinby omg a guy who isn't into midgets only... THAT can't BE TRUE I MUST BE DREAMING

• Lol! Look, there are limitations for me with short stout girls that I learned. While that girl is cute as a button I am really and truly attracted to tall, thin and long phalanges. I desire that frame. That is the way I am wired in my lizard brain. I find that tall thin woman build elegant and most attractive to me. No bs!