Why are girls blamed for liking tall guys, but guys aren't for prefering short women?

Isn't it a bit unfair?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Guys in general don't prefer short wormen. They prefer *shorter* women. Women on the other hand tend to not just prefer taller men but rather have the attitude along the lines of "6ft+ or gtfo". You can see this in their bios and various comments they make. This is treated as acceptable. However, GOD FORBID a guy say that he doesn't want women that's overweight and the fury be upon him. That's unfair.

2|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I was just stating that height has a bigger impact than weight does, thats all.

• at least if we're not talking about obesity here but just a few extra pounds.

• I would imagine it's just because women, in general seem to care more about their partner's height, than guys do.

There are plenty of guys out there who like short girls, sure; I'm one of them, but that doesn't mean I won't dateva taller girl, as well. Most guys are fine with it, provided she's shorter than they are. Anything else is just preference.

Height, for males, though, seems to be a more desireable trait. It's closer to being a requirement, than just a preference. If all the shorter women pursue the taller guys, then there's less to go around, for the taller women. If a tall guy goes for a short girl, then other guys just go for the taller women. It doesn't bother men as much.

1|0
    0|0
    • But thats the thing, most girls also just want guys who are taller than themselves. But they are still shamed for that although its just natural, just like it is for guys.

• Show All
    • Well I really don't know how common this is, but I did met a few guys with a height requirement, like a female above 5'8 isn't a girl but a dude with tits. And these were guys who were pretty tall themselves. Therefore yes, both does exist.

• Oh, I'm sure it goes both ways. It's likely more common in some areas, than in others. Just because I don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, of course.

Essentially, I don't know the real reason it happens, or if there even is one. My opinion is really just a theory, nothing more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they haven't seen hot women who are short such as this girl.

0|1
    0|0
    • Uhm... they sure did, thats why they love short women? xD

• Show All
    • @passinby omg a guy who isn't into midgets only... THAT can't BE TRUE I MUST BE DREAMING

• Lol! Look, there are limitations for me with short stout girls that I learned. While that girl is cute as a button I am really and truly attracted to tall, thin and long phalanges. I desire that frame. That is the way I am wired in my lizard brain. I find that tall thin woman build elegant and most attractive to me. No bs!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I wonder what they'd make of a guy like me that loves tall women.

0|0
    0|0
    • The same type of alien as a girl whos into shorter men.

• I guess so. At least the tall girls know where to find me.

• Not by me. They can like tall as much as they like because I like it. Actually I will choose a tall woman around 6’ if I have a choice over 5’ish although height doesn’t matter much to me.

"girls blamed for liking tall guys... unfair.." ? Maybe...

2|0
    0|0
    • There is one thing to add here… I typically am with short women mostly because they go for me and most of the time they choose me. The tall women are just not common where I live unfortunately, and when I meet some, they don’t seem to be interested even though I am 6’5”. While I am going with a tall woman now, most of the time tall women are stand-offish.

• how short is short. if you're to the size of a kid, that's awkward for me and you should understand that.

the flip side to your argument is girls are blamed for not liking short guys and guys are blamed for not liking tall girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys tend to be more open to a height difference than girls are.

+ guys might be getting mad at women for saying that personality and such matter more than looks, it then won't date them for being shorter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'4". I've met 2 women taller than me in my life.

1|0
    0|0
    • But let me guess, you still prefer girls who aren't over 5'9 :)

• No tall is fine. If she's closer to my height doggy style is much easier.

• I'm fairly certain I see just as many "short girl" questions as I do "tall guy" ones.

Everyone's insecure!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there are lots of more girls that only like guys to be over 6ft but lots of guys that settle for a girl only 1-2 inches shorter

1|1
    0|0
  • Most women are already short so it’s not like we can go out and find tall women easily. The average height for men in the USA is 5’9.5” and for women 5’4”

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, but there are still women who are 5'10 or men who are 5'4. And these are the groups who have the problems in finding partners, not the average ones.

• Most women of that height would never date a guy 5’4. However a guy that height would have no problem dating a taller girl.

• Yep... Although, for tall guys, all women are shorter.

0|0
    0|0
    • And for short girls, all men are taller :)

• Show All
    • I just not like guys who are shorter than I am myself, thats all. And as you already mentioned, the same goes for most guys as well.

• And by not liking I do not mean not liking as a person (obviously) but when it comes to attraction...

• I like short skinny girls and I am a tall strong guy.
    I don't blame them for their preferences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys get cracked at all the time for liking girls who are smaller/weaker/younger/etc than they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • looking for victimhood are you. poor women being treated so unfairly by the preferences of others.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not, I'm just sick of short guys crying around why the bad bad women want taller guys.

• No one blames girls for liking Fall guys. It's normal

0|0
    0|0
  • It is. And happens a lot. I love short girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both complain, just look around this site. But also one of the major differences is it's not often a "deal breaker" for guys, just a preference, but with women, it's a total deal breaker. If we're talking about unfair. Not to mention women go to the extreme, 6' or higher, do you know how many guys are under 6'?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, I'm just slightly under 6' myself and at least in my country I see more guys who are taller than me than ones who are shorter.

• at least when I'm looking at the ones in my agerange, ofc people aged 60+ may be way shorter.

• why are guys blamed for not liking chubby women, but womne aren't blamed for prefering dick sizes?

0|0
    0|0
    • That comparison doesn't even make sense? What does figure have to do with genitals? Most women prefer average sized dicks by the way, stop listening to the few size queens out there.

• Show All
    • Yea, most guys say "a girls height doesn't matter for me at all! As long as she's shorter than me ofc" so yea, you're right, they do not care at all...

• yeah you're right most girls say we dont care about dick size as long as it isn't below 4 inches, so yeah you're right , they do not care at all..

• true we aren't blamed for preferring small women as much BUT we are very much blamed for preferring skinny women over fatter women.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I won't blame anyone for preferring someone healthy over someone whos literally eating himself to death. But its another thing to prefer girls to be unnatural thin over healthy ones.

• Because the thing is most men don't obsess over height like women do. Most guys I know don't have height as a top attribute like women do.

0|0
    0|0
    • Sure, as long as the girl is shorter than they are.

• No not entirely. I've met a handful of guys who would like to date an Amazon woman, in real life. You could find online fan clubs of guys liking taller women. If you look at every poll question on this site asking people if they care about height you will see an obvious gap between women who care and men who care.

• If you want to take men to task for preferring short women, I'm fine with that. I don't have a height preference.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Because insecure, irrational people can't be expected to understand sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yas, draaaag them pink anon

0|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes